conedodger

Let's show vintage racing pictures. I'll start.

The Jaffe #46 re-creation and the original John Morton find their way around Laguna Seca during the Rolex 2018.

morton2b.jpg

• Haha 1

He was driving it like a proper race car driver drives too but it seemed down on power, compared with the opposition anyway.

You misunderstand my post. While that sports car in the foreground is not a race car the two vehicles behind it are in fact historic race cars, so the photo does belong in this thread.

You’re both wrong. That is the one homologated R390 that was made to allow the R390 GT1 to race. It’s a race car with stuff slapped on it to get around rules.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_R390_GT1

Well, what is it? If it’s a road car which is what Nissan says it is, then I was right, not wrong. Gnose said it’s a sports car, not a race car so he’s right too. Seems like neither of us is wrong... 

Either it's an actual race car that was entered and ran in a sanctioned event or it isn't (no log book). If the latter is the case then it means it isn't a vintage race car and my comment about the two in the back (BRE 510 and BSR 240/280/GT2) being the only real vintage race car is correct.

Sitting in my garage after they decided to put on different wheels on the 280ZXTT. Has the BBS fan blade wheel covers to aid in cooling the brakes.

280ZXTT tire.jpg

Edited by gnosez
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, conedodger said:

PLN. Road America. Looks like a Monza in the background so 80’s?

Deborah Gregg’s Roush Capri in the background, finished 10th to Newman’s 3rd-place Nissan, 1987. Info courtesy of racingsportscars.com 👍

41 minutes ago, NVZEE said:

Deborah Gregg’s Roush Capri in the background, finished 10th to Newman’s 3rd-place Nissan, 1987. Info courtesy of racingsportscars.com 👍

Nice detective work! 

Image result for brigitte bardot paul newman Paul warped his hand while driving more then once i have seen. I read that in 1964 or 65 he went down

on a  motorcycle  and got skin graph on his hand and his face got a little beat up. 

Edited by black gold man

More 80's, this time at the great (I've raced on it) Philip Island circuit, way out there somewhere is the South Pole.

gordo.jpeg