IGNORED

Datsun 240C

Adzmax

Hey guys, does anyone know much about the Datsun 240C Hardtop? Mate of mine thought it was a 240K and told me about it. Sold as the 240C here but is the Cedric over in Japan. Many of them around? Desirable? I believe they may be a bit rare in Aus but could be wrong - any info appreciated. Cheers.

Nope not alot of them around, especially in coupe form. Though rare, they aren't particularly valuable. Nissan had to bribe some Datsun dealers to sell them, by saying they would only send them a couple of 240Z's if they took a 240C as well.

The 240C (230) was the replacement for the 130 model Cedric (Datsun Super Six/Personal Six/Deluxe Six in Australia), released in 1971. They had the L24, but later ones had the L26, and were badged as 260C. Not to be confused with the 330 series 260C which replaced the 230 in 1975.

Nice looking cars, the 230.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=datsun+240c&w=all&s=int&referer_searched=1

Edited by Mr Camouflage

• 3 years later...

If your looking to sell I have a friend who may be interested, but as stated before there is not great demand for them most of the newer models get bought hell cheap buy F truck drivers for the pwr steer and the scrap the rest of the car....

iv got a 240c hard top ,manual in australia,is there much of a market for them

If they're rare, which they are, then the value must go up. It's good to have something that few others have or could easily acquire. The option is to put in a more modern engine, lower it, put some brakes on it and paint it and they look go stop and handle very nicely. OR restore it to original condition. That's also very cool. It's a matter of personal choice.

As far as the steering boxes goes, there is some miss-information here. The 230 series steering was assisted by a hydaulic ram setup on the draglink, not intergral like the 330 series steering boxes. Therefore it's only the 330 steering boxes that are what the Ford guys look for.

And, why aren't you looking on Ozdat? There are heaps of us guys there already, with 230 sedans, coupes and station wagons......all great guys and willing to help you out with their own personal experiences with these cars.

See you on Ozdat mate!! LOL

post-10105-14150818050598_thumb.jpg

Edited by ozconnection

If they're rare, which they are, then the value must go up.

Unfortunately not true.

Look at the CSP311 Silvia. only 554 made, not particularly desirable, but rare, = not particularly valuable (in the tens of thousands).

Compared with the Toyota 2000GT of the same era, 351 made, rare, desirable = valuable (in the hundreds of thousands)

Value is determined by desirability, not rarity. Nevertheless, they are cool to us Datsun nuts.

I sold my Super 6 for $450 after a year of advertising it. (the guy that bought it bogged up the rust and is now trying to sell it for $5500).

Guys, I'm not 100% on this but after stripping two of my R30 (~1983) Hatches over Christmas. I would swear that the power steering boxes I removed from them are the same as the Ford F150 guys are after. They also look like they would fit a 240K. When I get a change, i will test fit one to a K to see.