Sign in to follow this  
DeMoore

MSA West Coast Nationals 2009 Roll Call!

San Diego

Hash House for breakfast. Get there before 8 to avoid the wait.

Coronado Hotel on Coronado Island

Gas Lamp District for night life

San Diego Zoo

San Diego Aerospace and Automotive Museums (next to the zoo)

Irvine (where the show is basically held)

Laguna Beach is down the road.

You MUST attend an Irvine Cars and Coffee show by Irvine Spectrum on Saturday morning at 7 am. It is an incredible show held every Saturday.

Great Park balloon ride (free).

I thought the aerospace and automotive museums were a bit small and overpriced. But half the aerospace one was taken up with a star trek display so it could be better at other times. Unless I somehow missed a big portion of the automotive one it was quite small and granted I'm not a hard-core car fan so someone else could have found a lot more to look at there than me but we were in and out of that one fast.

I'll be instructing at the driving school again and walking around the show.

Please say hello if you see me by my car. That goes for everyone.

San Diego

Hash House for breakfast. Get there before 8 to avoid the wait.

Coronado Hotel on Coronado Island

Gas Lamp District for night life

San Diego Zoo

San Diego Aerospace and Automotive Museums (next to the zoo)

Irvine (where the show is basically held)

Laguna Beach is down the road.

You MUST attend an Irvine Cars and Coffee show by Irvine Spectrum on Saturday morning at 7 am. It is an incredible show held every Saturday.

Great Park balloon ride (free).

Thanks for the info. Where exactly is the Irvine Cars and Coffee Show held?

I'm always up really early looking for things to do till my wife gets up, around 11 or 12.:tapemouth

Four weeks to go until MSA, can you tell this MSA rookie what I need to bring to the show? Not bringing a car but would like to be prepared...water?? :) Also is the autocross close to the Datsun Heritage Museum??

Thanks!

If Larrys car is finished in time-just about a sure thing! I'll be trailering it over for display at the MSA Show and quite possibly a longer stay up the street!

Will

Thanks for the info.:) As you can tell from my avatar the sun isn't my best friend early in the season even though that was the best burn from a Z show this girl could ever ask for.:laugh:

Can't make it this year, I am going to be in Northern California. First time in many many years that I will not be able to make either Solvang or MSA.

Have a great time. See you all next year!

Edited by ron carter

Got my registration in last night with a couple of minutes to spare, but it looks like they are still taking registrations online. I thought last night was the last day to register?

I'll be again flying my club tshirt, so anybody that attends should be able to recognize me by my shirt!

Things to do in San Diego.

Les Cannadays shop in Vista CA Classic Datsun. All the cool Datsun stuff in one place.

Datsun Heritage Museum, 45 minutes north east of Vista, good one day two stop trip.

Del Mar, beautiful and a great place to see a hidden part of San Diego.

Of course the other stuff mentioned prior....

Have fun visting...My Z will be at the Datsun Heritage Museum, as I will not be in town for either the MSA or Solvang show this year.

Still putting the '71 back together.

................ But will take the '93 convertible and '96 2+2.

Just signed up last night. Guess I'll be there again this year!

Best,

Bob

will be bringing her 1972 and let's just say it's going to look, um very different, than from how it looked in this thread about 18 months ago, It'll still be a Work In Progress, but come by and see us please! It'll still be the 112 Lime Green!

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28671&highlight=rust+hatch+240z

Is there anything like this show on the east coast, or at least east of the Mississippi?

I'm going to try and get some kind of nametag or lanyard I can wear during the show. But, I will also be around Saturday for the races and the banquet. Anyone care to get together give me a call and we'll arrange something. 503-784-3499 is my cell number

So how was it? The weekend, the show, the whatever?

It was awesome as always. I didn't see nor recognize anyone from the board, but I've been gone for a while any way.;)

It looked like there were more vendors this year. There were a few 370's entered and a GT-R on display....not sure who drove it in.

I didn't stick around for the awards, but in a nutshell I'll say this; If you've been to the last couple years since it moved, then there ya go.......and that's not a bad thing :)

One thing though.......I couldn't stand the guy with the beat up 280 that had a V8 dropped in it with no hood. The reving was driving me nuts as it's not allowed anyway.

Stiil, a great time to spend a Sunday.

Our member Bobc won the 240Z stock class with his green car. I parked right next to him. I was overshaddowed. Next time I'll remember not to park too close to a potential winner. But actually, for me its is the ability to speak with so many Z enthusists about our cars that makes the experience. And I took my four year old for her first car show. It was the first time she rode in my Z and she loved it.

Best in show was another member here, esprist. Both beauthiful cars. I didn't recogonize any of the other winners being from our club.

But I did get to meet Mike! What a class guy. We are a lucky bunch to have him and his vast skills available to us and for his dedication to this board.