IGNORED

need help reading my Zcar microfiche

madkaw

Hey guys,

I am trying to put together a list to take the dealer for some various parts. I am using my Zcar microfische and have a question on how to decipher the correct part#. Almost every part has 2 part #, so which one do i use. I will find 2 part numbers that correspond to one picture, they have a 01 or 02 part #, what does that mean?

Any help would be appreciated.

The "KEY NO" will correspond with the number in the illustration. There can be several part numbers listed under this "KEY NO" all having a similar description. The color may differ or some other feature may be varied so a seperate part number is needed. There is a "QTY" (quantity number) which tells you how many pieces the vehicle requires. The next column "UNIT PKG" just specifies how many pieces are shipped to the dealer in a package (which they will seperate and sell seperately). The "Applied" Model is self explanitory (example..Automatic or Manual) and the "APPLIED DATES" may have enties in the "FROM" or "UP TO" columns letting you know if the part was called for in a particular vehicle according to the Date of Manufacture. If the part was replaced with another part to take it's place, because of a design change or a change in supplier, it will be given a new part number. The former part number will appear in the "SUPERCEEDED" column. If this doesn't explain it clearly enough, I can try to scan the "How to interpret the text" page in my parts catalog.

Edited by geezer
corrected info.

Thanks for the help. Right next to the key number there is usually a smaller column that is either 01 or 02 with each having its own part#. I was looking at rubber plugs and drain hoses for the cowl panel. Maybe sometimes it corresponds to left and right? I am actaully suprised I haven't been able to find more of these #'s just searching on this site. Example-all the different size floor plugs and hatch plugs.

Right next to the key number there is usually a smaller column that is either 01 or 02 with each having its own part#.

Yes, the different variations of the same part are listed (01, 02 and so on, just enabling you to tell at a glance exactly how many different part numbers are associated with the same part. As you mention. it could be side specific, or a variety of different other reasons for a seperate part number, color being the one that comes to mind right now. If you need any specific help looking up the proper part number, just give us the part name or description and the cars date of manufacter so we can help.

Well I have a 9/71 and I need to replace all the rubber stuff. The rubber that is not easy to narrow is all the various plugs; example, firewall plugs(A/c lines)1&3/8" size,hatch plugs, door bumpers, floor plugs(I've seen 2 different #'s for these). Cowl panel drain hoses. Door panel fastner receptacles. just some of the stuff for now.

Steve - I now realize how difficult it is to come up with the proper part numbers for these rubber parts. I started by leafing through the US/Canada Parts Catalog. It is very sparse, as far as information on what you are looking for. These are the only firewall parts I found:

-18453-E8700 Grommet-Rubber (throttle cable) 1 pc.

-18218-E4101 Accelerator Rod 1 pc.

-27243-28500 Grommet-Rubber (heater hoses) 2 pcs.

I then moved to my micofiche reader to find what the catalog is missing. It has more detail. Before I really got started the bulb burnt out and put the brakes on that attempt.

Just thought I would let you know I haven't forgot and am trying to help.

There must be others who can provide some of the part numbers for these rubber pieces. This is an area where a search on this site doesn't help locate these part numbers either. There might be several mentioned in old posts, but try to find them.:ermm:

PS - I guess it doesn't help the search function, if no mention of "part numbers" is in the thread title. Maybe a new thread titled, "hard to find part numbers", should be started.

Edited by geezer

Geezer,

thanks for keeping me in mind. I am actually suprised someone hasn't started a part# thread. If some of these are available at the dealerships, it would benefit all the member to access this info. Maybe we could just ask Reddat, since he is always selling these OEM stuff on ebay:cheeky:

If folks did supply numbers we would make sure that they are valid and they actually recieved their parts using those numbers . I would gladly pay a little more to have OEM parts, and some of this stuff is only available at Nissan.

I'll take a look at some of my parts catalogs in the next day or two, when I get a chance. Keep in mind that A/C was dealer installed for a 1971, so there was no Nissan part # for firewall grommets for those lines unless they used something intended for another purpose, like heater hoses. I've got so many spare floor plugs from parts cars, I'll never need to order those, so I've never worried about that. Hatch plugs and door bumpers are probably in the parts catalogs. Not sure about cowl panel drain hoses. or door panel fastner receptacles.

-Mike

Well I have a 9/71 and I need to replace all the rubber stuff. The rubber that is not easy to narrow is all the various plugs; example, firewall plugs(A/c lines)1&3/8" size,hatch plugs, door bumpers, floor plugs(I've seen 2 different #'s for these). Cowl panel drain hoses. Door panel fastner receptacles. just some of the stuff for now.

firewall plugs(A/c lines)1&3/8" size - No factory A/C in a 1971

hatch plugs - 27035-21000

door bumpers - 82865-21010, 80865-E4100

floor plugs(I've seen 2 different #'s for these). - Couldn't find anything for this (but I'm sure I have some extra if you need them)

Cowl panel drain hoses - 66430-E4100

Door panel fastner receptacles - 80929-32200

-Mike

• 4 months later...
Geezer,

"thanks for keeping me in mind. I am actually suprised someone hasn't started a part# thread. "

webdawg1 has posted excel spreadsheets with the Nissan parts descriptions and section numbers for a '75 280. You can find it under "restoration spreadsheets". I'm in the process of importing them and changing them for a '73 240. I will be adding the Nissan parts numbers to them and correcting the section number and key number to match the 240.

Anyone here interested in sharing in the project and doing some of them? We can post them here for everyone to have access to. Maybe a make it a sticky?

Brad