IGNORED

Yet another Vert update

240kconvertible

It moves under it's own power now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la8d3EbubgI

Sorry about the dodgy sound, I'll record a better clip when I test the line locker.

I've included a couple of shots, one of the steering wheel I chose, which I don't think I will end up using as the original wheel is hard to beat and one of the dash fascia I might be using. I say might use as my Father who built it didn't really listen to me when I asked him to make it in dark red cedar not whitish silky oak. The silky oak just doesn't match the wheel (new or original) or the paint job.

I'll have to stain it to the right colour or get off my arse and make one the right colour myself.

So all in all I'd like to know what you all think of the two items, I know it sounds kinda silly after I've just told you I probably won't be using them but hey, I've been living in Queensland for a while now and the sun is obviously getting to me.

post-9623-14150805763098_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150805763823_thumb.jpg

So I take it you don't like the original fake woodgrain dash on your K then Camo?LOL

It's ok, but I'll hit it with the paint stripper to remove the plastice wood grain, and leave the aluminium. You can pull the pannel off completely and theres a black plastic dash underneath. Not sure what it would look like. I have a stripped one somewhere. Might take some pics.

It's ok, but I'll hit it with the paint stripper to remove the plastice wood grain, and leave the aluminium. You can pull the pannel off completely and theres a black plastic dash underneath. Not sure what it would look like. I have a stripped one somewhere. Might take some pics.

The black plastic by itself would look really bad, it's quite obviously unfinished. I don't really like what the aluminium under the fake woodgrain looks like by itself unless it has the brushed marks on it, then it's awesome. With the dash not being made in a dark red wood I'm not much of a fan as well. Not sure how to approach my Dad and get him to make another, he's a grumpy old sod at the best of times.

Oh, I get it "vert" is short for convertible...I kept looking for a green car, and couldn't find one...

That makes me laugh and also taught me a new word.

VERT noun

1. English Forest Law.

a. vegetation bearing green leaves in a forest and capable of serving as a cover for deer.

b. the right to cut such vegetation.

2. Heraldry. the tincture, or color, green.

Classiczcars dictionary classes LOL

i must say i am not a huge fan of wood in the 240k's.. i am tossing up between CF or brushed alu on mine, but i certainly know what you are going for..

love the steering wheel! but yeah, you really need to get the wood to match and then have it varnished.. have you tried the places that make the imitation plastic trim for cars? i know it wouldn't be as cheap, but they make custom parts to your spec, and you would get a very good match to your wheel then (including the plastic covering)