IGNORED

71 0n ebay

snub260

They listed it as a 280 . it looks pretty solid from the pic's. I'm looking for a 240 since my 260 is almost finished. waiting on the seller to send me pic's of the usual trouble areas. any opinions on the car

ebay item#170292194653

vin#HLS30006018

See if you can find a local member to check it out...there is precious little detail in that listing. That's just a cut and paste of some history from wikipedia...Looks like plenty of a project, but maybe an ok shell...

Thats a LOT of work and money. Even $300 (reserve not met) seems.. I dunno.... nuts. You looking at THOUSANDS of dollars for the interior alone. I think that for $2000-3000 you can find a better starting point, that will cost you less in the long run.

I look at those pics and think "parts". Except it's missing a lot of the good parts.

Point of reference: I paid $2,600 for my '70 240Z last summer. Check out my gallery for what that bought me.

I'm thinking along the same lines as bigoak and Tarmac..... Try to get someone to do a hands-on inspection for you.

IMO there are too many flags on that listing to get any sort of a comfort level. This could be a gem, but without doubt it remains a pig in a poke until it is seen and evaluated by someone who knows something and is willing to share the information.

The description is simply a cut & paste history lesson, and the specifics that are given don't say much / pictures of very important areas are missing / the seller has zero history / transportation will not be cheap / ..... as it is it's a cr*p shoot. On the plus side, maybe this is a real novice owner & seller with a desirable product.... The key word is "maybe". When gambling, the odds always favor the house. Increase your odds of winning with more information.

Maybe it would be worth your while to start a new thread with a plea for assistance.... With a title of "Need Help in Napa CA" you may root out some members who are not following this thread/topic.... just a thought to consider. (Of course, reference this thread for background.)

Good luck, and keep us updated.