IGNORED

elec fuel pump bracket??

steves72z

I made mine from a length of 3/16''X 1''X 10'' strap of steel I bought at Home Depot. I just put two 90* bends in it and bolted it to the plate by the mustache bar . I used rubber mounts between the pump and bracket. You just need to make room for the mustache bar.

Gary

Thanks George - I'd been looking for pictures of that pump and bracket for the past two days.. Knew I had them somewhere... but couldn't find them again...

Anyone have pictures of the second type used on the late model 73 240-Z's and 260Z's?

FWIW,

Carl B.

Yup, I just rebuilt and finished mine a few weeks ago. It was all tangled and bent (previous owner issue)

The black color makes the picture blend but I hope these help.

Dave.

The last 3 pics are obviously the before pictures...

post-4921-14150805684286_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150805685504_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150805686361_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150805687248_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150805688001_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1415080568887_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

That's a stock set-up for the 260Z (early) The paper filter cartridge is still in the fuel pump but I guess that's Nissans way of PreFiltering before the pump, since most people don't even know there is a filter Inside the pump.

The filters are basically the same price but easier to to replace the white plastic one. Go figure.

Dave.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1209181&parttype=6200&a=FRc1209181k479057

Here's some pictures of the fuel pump and bracket from my 5/73 240.

DK

What does it bolt to in the back? I used the 280Z fuel pump bracket in my 71 and two threaded mounting holes in the sub frame lined up with the bracket but for the other I had to drill and tap a spot in the subframe for the second bolt. The 280Z bracket looks like the one Dave has pictures of.

I see that the guy selling the bracket on Ebay also has the fuel pump for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180317539406&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Edited by Maples71240Z

That's a stock set-up for the 260Z (early) The paper filter cartridge is still in the fuel pump but I guess that's Nissans way of PreFiltering before the pump, since most people don't even know there is a filter Inside the pump.

The filters are basically the same price but easier to to replace the white plastic one. Go figure.

Dave.

Is the spring clip fuel filter bracket the same one used in the engine bay?