IGNORED

Repair Shop in Phoenix area?

Duffman

I am having leaking issues from the rear seal of my trannny and need to drop it to replace the rear (and probably the front) seal. Would rather put it in the hands of someone more capable than myself to handle the work. Any recommendations on a good, local repair shop? Gary at Spanky's, who did a lot of engine work for me in the past, has moved to TX. Suggestions?!

Thanks!

I checked with Dave at Arizona Z Car, he didn't have any ideas either.

Good point, Mike, I know Gary and Danny at Spanky's did a lot of work for members of the Arizona Z Car Club, will see if members have any ideas going forward.

Good point, Bruce, but this simple repair led me to thinking about how to handle the more difficult, Z-specific, challenges that will come down the road. Was just looking for input on any Phx area repair shop options for the future!

Just curious about the kind of Z specfic things you're thinking about. The early Z and most any of the other early Datsuns were about a sophisticated as your average garden tractor and most any "general repair" mechanic (if you can find one) should be able to tackle most anything on them.

I'd say that may be your next goal, to go looking for a "mechanic" rather than your run of the mill parts replacer which seems to be what we have around today.....