IGNORED

Speaker recommendation for my 240z

dat240z71

I'm in the market for some 6 x 9 speakers for my 240z. I have been out of the car stereo game for a long time, not sure what good anymore. I was looking on crutcfield web page and saw a few speakers I'm interested in. Would you guy's look at them and give me recommendation, as I have not heard any of the play.

I listen to a wide range of music from old school Hip Hop, top 40, soft rock and reggae. My set up consist of 6-1/2 components in the front, one 12" sub in the spare tire compartment , 6 x 9 in the back I will run the 6 x9 and the 6- 1/2 of my Alipne 80 W x four amp. once I fine a good set to buy.

If you of another brand that is of a good quality please let me know

Thanks

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=52300&s=0&c=3&cc=01&compareItems=500SPR69C&compareItems=065SX95&compareItems=1086939I&compareItems=109GTO937&compareItems=136TR690TX

Edited by dat240z71

I listen to a wide range of music from old school Hip Hop, top 40, soft rock and reggae. My set up consist of 6-1/2 components in the front, one 12" sub in the spare tire compartment , 6 x 9 in the back I will run the 6 x9 and the 6- 1/2 of my Alipne 80 W x four amp. once I fine a good set to buy.

Edited by dat240z71

I really like Infinty 6x9's as well as Polk Audio.

They are fare priced and sound really good. Don't forget to soundproof the rear quarters whenever possible. And throw a peice or two of SP in the rear hatch. Lots of noise back there and you might as well finish the job in the rear.

Dave.

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

I agree with Dave (Zs-ondabrain), the Infinity 6x9s are great. Very crisp highs, good midrange, decent bass. Looking to put the 4" Infinitys in the kick panels. Still haven't put my subwoofer into Dave's wheelwell fiberglass enclosure yet! Looking for an amp to fit the other side of the enclosure (long and skinny!).

What was the original speaker setup for the 1970 240Z? The previous owner of my car punched holes in the fender well for front speakers. I'm having these holes sealed during renovation and will be looking for a good setup/new configuration for the sound system. Pics of the holes can be found on rodshopof memphis.com.

Thanks, Wally

I don't personally condone the Sony Explode series, they are too crispy and the bass responce is not as nice as the Other speakers I mentioned, but to each his own.

When I mentioned the Infinity, I forgot to say it's the Reference series (kind of a Champagne Color. The Kappa Series are better but you'll pay much more for them. The Kappa's accept a lot more power and are more of a PRO series for high Wattage systems.

The Infinity Reference Series will work nicely with stock deck power (10 watts or more) But just remember that most speakers have an RMS rating and were made to run at that wattage or more on an average basis. If the speaker says 10 to 125 watts, You should run no less than that 10 watts. RMS ratings on an Amplifier is a basic Average that the amp puts out, at a standard listening volume.

Hope that defines the answer a little better,

Dave.