IGNORED

Rear Suspension Components 73 240Z

Z Kid

Well, after many long years I have finally finished uni and have some time to start working on the Z again. However Since it was disassembled some parts have become mixed up with bits from the parts car(s), as it was all chucked into storage in a heap during a shed cleanup (when I wasnt finished). Id rather clean and paint the right parts first time round.

The car is a 73 240Z

The rear mousache bar, I have two types, one which is fairly straight, and one which has a sort of kink in it which would position the diff further forwards (all are from R180 Equiped cars) If it makes a difference, the rear suspension mount has a bit of a curve backwards in it, compared to the one in the parts manual which appears straight.

moustachebaroc7.jpg

For the front diff mount/suspension mount for 73 should it be the one with a single large half found cut out in the bottom, or the one with a large on one side and a small on the other side? I know they arent facing the same way round in the pic, blonde moment, large cutout should be to the LHS

frontmountvq5.jpg

The crossmember at the front is a 240Z one isnt it :).

xmemberandrackzx4.jpg

Rear suspension arms are all the same? Reason being some of the 240 ones had some dings and tears, so just going to use the best pair I had?

As a side note, when I took the car all apart, everything was photographed in detail etc, but that was all lost on a computer long ago, so this isnt going to be as easy as I hoped :(.At least most of the smaller bits are baged and labeled.

Thanks Chris

Edited by Z Kid

Well, after many long years I have finally finished uni and have some time to start working on the Z again. However Since it was disassembled some parts have become mixed up with bits from the parts car(s), as it was all chucked into storage in a heap during a shed cleanup (when I wasnt finished). Id rather clean and paint the right parts first time round.

The car is a 73 240Z

The rear mousache bar, I have two types, one which is fairly straight, and one which has a sort of kink in it which would position the diff further forwards (all are from R180 Equiped cars) If it makes a difference, the rear suspension mount has a bit of a curve backwards in it, compared to the one in the parts manual which appears straight.

moustachebaroc7.jpg

My '73 has a straight bar.

The curved bar would be from a later S30 (280Z) with an R200. If I was installing the R200 I have in my garage in my 240, I'd want that bar.

For the front diff mount/suspension mount for 73 should it be the one with a single large half found cut out in the bottom, or the one with a large on one side and a small on the other side? I know they arent facing the same way round in the pic, blonde moment, large cutout should be to the LHS

frontmountvq5.jpg

The crossmember at the front is a 240Z one isnt it :).

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3347/xmemberandrackzx4.jpg

The crossmember attached to the diff is the same as the one installed in my '73, with the two cut-outs.

And I think my early 260Z (2/74') has the single exhaust hump.

Is ther a difference between the 70' 240Z front cross-member and the early 260Z front cross-member? I ask because I too have plenty of parts that "some are clean and ready for paint and the other is still on the 260" I plan to swap but only if they're the same.

Dave.