IGNORED

1971 door seals

Diseazd

The problem I see with 280 seals is that they are almost as old as the originals. The sportage I pulled mine from was a 1994, or roughly 1/2 as old. The Kia Sephia I mentioned was even a couple of years newer.

They are all one piece. They do, however have a seam but this is placed underneath the metal plate that is screwed into the car so it can not pull off from that point.

I Know nomad1968 already posted a link to the thread for the Kia weather strips, but I have included a picture that has the part number on the label. Be warned though; earlier threads indicated that a member in Canada bought either twelve or twelve sets and wiped the inventory out. I contacted Global Kia Parts and mentioned in my conversation about the potential shortage and they checked. Sure enough, they did not have any and were not sure when they would be getting more. The same thread mentioned end of May 2010 more were due from Korea. Global could not confirm this. They checked their dealership inventories, I got the impression they supply all the Kia dealerships, and found only four left if I remember correctly. Three were at the same location and that is where I secured my two.

So, long story short. These are supposed to work great; I'll be trying to get these on this week and document the process; and if your interested in getting some, they may or may not be available yet. Good luck!!

post-20361-14150811149709_thumb.jpg

Last week at a Car show in Fullerton I met a guy that was reproducing the weather strips. I have his card at home. Maybe his product will work. He is also making full replacment weather stripping packages for the Z cars. I have no financial interest in this bit thought I would pass this info along. I'll look for his business card tonight (After the Laker game)

Ok. Randy is the owner's name. His website is http://www.vintagerubber.com. He is spooling up production now from what he told me.

Again folks, I have not seen his products, but we discussed at length the problems that alot of us were having with the orther products, and he said that is not the case from what he is making. He owns the tooling himself.

For what it is worth, as Buffalo Springfield would say.