IGNORED

What a story, & good news!

JMT240KGTR

Hi guys,

Been a while but it's good to see the 240K scene is alive & well.

For those of who you recall my last 240K coupe (green/blue w/black bonnet), I'm glad to say it has been located just 10 klms from my house!

A little background story to this car goes like this;

1. Originally I located it as a gold coupe in Wantirna, Melbourne & I didn't have money to purchase.

2. My friend (let's say Jim) bought the car minus engine, trans, etc.

3. When I went to Jims house, I asked him if he wanted to swap my 240K sedan for the coupe; he agreed & used the sedan as a rally car (still does).

4. I repaired the coupe, sprayed body & fitted motor/trans, etc & registered the coupe.

5. Later I sold the car to Jesse (?) who lived in Warragul (approx 100klms from my home)

6. He sold the car to another guy after being quite dis-pleased with the quality of the vehicle (the thread is somewhere in these forums).

7. My friend Jim stumbles on this coupe not too long ago & as luck would have, it's back at his place!

I just found this out today after calling him, I was very regretful and sad for sellling that car. But as luck would have it, he's willing to 'talk turkey' regarding the car. It isn't going anywhere, and basically, if I want it back, it's mine! LOL

Jim says the only reason why he didn't call me, was firstly he lost my number & thought I wasn't interested in Datsuns anymore, just Chryslers. Not so true...

Apparently the car is still solid & in VGC, pretty much the same from the day I sold it. I'll be going over during the next week to have a chat & look over his collection of K's as well.

Watch this space guys, I may be back....and for good (have I said that before?) Cheers

If you like Chrysler's and Datsun's why don't you combine their powers like me? Some people in the US reckon you can drop a 318/360 straight into a Z using the original engine mounts so they should drop straight into a K as well.

It's good to hear you'll be back in a K soon too. Can you take some photos of the K collection for us?

Cheers Andrew

post-9623-14150804729894_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150804730507_thumb.jpg

Nice coupe there,

I'm hoping I can get my hands on my old one again, depends on a few things & I'd hate to get another K only to have to part with it again, been done too many times.

Was it necessary to upgrade the front end to counter the extra weight?

What trans are you running, auto 904?

What, if any, clearance issues have you had, esp trans tunnel?

Definitely a nice piece of engineering there, much work left?

Interesting to hear the 318 is practically a straight bolt in, I reckon even the standard V8 power would be very nice.

What plans do have for the exhaust?

Last year I spent the best $350 on an exhaust for my 318; 2" twin pipes w/free flowing mufflers, sounds great & has a mean bark.

Good to see a nice machine there!

Do whatever you have to do to get back in the K, a lot of people are getting very interested in them these days and i think the low cost of them is over.

It wasn't necessary to upgrade the crossmember but I wanted to be able to drop an RB motor in so I put a R31 skyline crossmember into it, I can just bolt a std R31 crossmember in and the RB will drop right in.

The trans is a Supra 5 speed at the moment, should be a supra 6 speed though, the trans tunnel was widened to house the big bellhousing. The 318/360 with alloy heads weighs only approx 50lb more than the original 6, it sits right back so "should" give better weight distribution than with a 6 in it.

No more engineering just interior, proper paint job and rebuild of my 360 block in garage and fitment of supercharger. Oh and a nice roof, roll cage etc etc. It will probably never be finished now I'm thinking about all the things I'd like to do.

I got all the info on the 318 engine into the Z from this thread http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread...857#post918857

you have to go into the other threads listed in it to, interesting read though.

Exhaust is twin 2 1/4 inch to one muffler at the back, you can see a bit in my avatar. It was supposed to come back to me last Friday but didn't so should be tomorrow. I will post a video on youtube of me getting it started for the first time shortly. Hopefully it runs;)

Hi guys, first post on these forums :)

As coupe72001 mentioned im looking for a coupe - JMT250KGTR will you be buying this one?

Got cash ready to go ;)

Basic plans for it are to put in an rb26 ive got here and the old turbo from my gtr, just need the car first :D

Cheers!

-Steve