IGNORED

buying flares, grill etc

minimafia

I'd buy a Skyline beaver panel badge depending on quality, could you make a beaver badge with custom wording on it?

Ive got a mint SKYLINE + DATSUN badge to mold from but custom would take a LOT of time i could almost certainly do it if it uses the letters A D E I K L N S T U Y because i can mold and move them around it may be possible to do other letters but that would be a full custom job and require me to "make it up" but not impossible

post-15049-14150808602285_thumb.jpg

nice work

Hey I'm thinking of making some reproduction badges at work. I'm only missing the interior " 240k [ GT ] " badge and the " GT R " badge for the rear. Would any one be interested in copies if it works well? I'm mainly doing it for my own purposes but i thought i might see if there is any interest in reproduction badges.

Nice collection!

Luckily, i have on old and abused 240K interior GT badge ( i presume you mean from the door cards, in which case arn't they there in the top right of the pic?), along with a NOS KPGC110 rear beaver panel complete with GT-R badge and skyline badge.. of course i am not willing to rip them off, but i could probably somehow scan them.

could you in theory make the rear tail light surround too?

Edited by khughes

the one at the top right are c210 rear badges as far as i know the ones im looking for are like the 240k GL ones mid left of the pic im still in the process of getting the method correct and yer im thinking of making gtr rear shrouds (by guessing) but im doubt-full i can make something thats to my liking :<

oh ok.. i have a C110 240K GT door trim badge floating around somewhere.

Are JPG scans any good for you?

i am in for a set of the light surrounds if you do work them out.. i kf you can work out the plastic process i am sure they wouldn't be hard to make up (i would have thought it would be easier than a detailed badge). Atleast the raised bar's are easy to work out their location based on the screw holes on the rear

post-6769-14150808624488_thumb.jpg

post-6769-14150808624714_thumb.jpg

post-6769-14150808624898_thumb.jpg

Edited by khughes

I have the 240L GT Door badge as shown in my logo. You can borrow that to take a mould from. I have just come back from Melbourne with a panelvan and trailer load of 240k bits. One is my original brand new Skyline Beaver panel. I shall have a look how hard it is to get the badges off. (Skyline & GTX2000)

I think I already sent you pics of the 240K GT badge.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have almost talked myself in doing this type of things for the rear tail lights,

inner red, outer red, the same shape as the inner, and clear for the reverse lights,

http://www.alumilite.com/HowTos/TailLightMoldingEquipment.cfm

http://www.alumilite.com/HowTos/TailLightCastingEquipment.cfm

I'm still looking for suppliers in my area, and researching on what type of silicone and resin I will need.

but if I make these, it wont be for at least 3-6 months.

Nigel

Edited by Noddle