IGNORED

Electric Antenna

mikewags

Can any other electric antenna be used in my 1975 280z? The stock Datsun electric antenna are upwards of 200 dollars!

There are numerous other types of electric antennas on ebay, has anyone had any success using another brand/model in their 240/260/280?

Thanks!

I have a cheap off-brand fully automatic antenna that I bought ten years ago at Harbor Freight that still works fine. It required a couple of changes to the wiring and I did it so long ago that I've forgotten exactly what I did. They don't seem to sell that antenna any more but I'm sure others would work.

Stephen, does this look like it might work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER-ANTENNA-Nissan-300ZX-240SX-Altima-280ZX-200SX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem360090959699QQitemZ360090959699

Says they can be used on a few various datsun models: 300zx's/280zx - so I figure maybe this might work on the 280.

Thanks!

This is the one I used on my '71.

metra 44-PW22

Do a search. I got mine off the shelf at my local Best Buy for I think like $39.95!! Fits great and works great!

Dave (zsondabrain) installed mine along with a new head unit and all has been working well for over a year now!!

I think Dave may either have one of these laying around, or can source one for you if you cannot find one.

Good luck!

regards,

Astrohog

Head unit = stereo, radio or whatever you want to call it. If you have the stock radio, the stock antenna is semi-automatic and controlled by the antenna switch on the radio. Using a fully automatic antenna requires a little re wiring but nothing real difficult especially if you have and aftermarket radio with an lead for a power antenna but it can be done with the stock radio also.