IGNORED

Check out these Rims...Good Deal?

mikewags

Before you shell out for these rims, check out the range of 14" tires that are available. Go to Tire Rack's Web site. I've found that 14" performance tires are VERY scarce. Even 15" tires are not all that plentiful. I've chosen to use 225/50-15 Yokohama AVS ES100 tires on one my cars with 15x6.5 rims and I'm happy with them. However, they are dry weather performance tires. That shouldn't be too much of a issue for you in Florida.:)

It's almost too bad because I have a set of 14x6 true American Racing Libres that I would love to put on one of my cars, but I can't find decent tires for that rim size anymore.:cross-eye

Edited by Seppi72

I noticed that...and while these seem like a decent deal, i'm not going to move on them.

They aren't really what i'm looking for. I actually really like the ones i have currently (American Racing Outlaw II's) - although i'm always keeping my eyes open for rims that I really like.

If I had the money, I'd get some Watanabe's, although there's no way I'd justify spending that kinda dough.

I noticed that...and while these seem like a decent deal, i'm not going to move on them.

They aren't really what i'm looking for. I actually really like the ones i have currently (American Racing Outlaw II's) - although i'm always keeping my eyes open for rims that I really like.

If I had the money, I'd get some Watanabe's, although there's no way I'd justify spending that kinda dough.

Yes you can, Your excuse IS your Z.

~Z~

Before you shell out for these rims, check out the range of 14" tires that are available. Go to Tire Rack's Web site. I've found that 14" performance tires are VERY scarce. Even 15" tires are not all that plentiful. I've chosen to use 225/50-15 Yokohama EVS ES100 tires on one my cars with 15x6.5 rims and I'm happy with them. However, they are dry weather performance tires. That shouldn't be too much of a issue for you in Florida.:)

It's almost too bad because I have a set of 14x6 true American Racing Libres that I would love to put on one of my cars, but I can't find decent tires for that rim size anymore.:cross-eye

There are many choices in tire size for that wheel--you may have to fudge a little (195/60 R14 instead of 195/70) but that may be fine for someone looking for a particular tire. Hankook, Yoko and Hoosier make competition tires for 14s that IIRC are also 195/60. So your speedo reads little higher than actual--you've also got a little better ratio for final drive and that may help get you off the line a little quicker as well. Some may not find that a problem. I bought Sumitomo HTR4 from Sears back in January and have no complaints. Good ride, good grip, overall perfectly good tire for street driving.

Remember, our little Z may be a sportscar, but it's a 35-year old car that most 4-door sedans can beat off the line and around a track with little effort. No sense putting high-po rubber on them unless you've got the power, suspension and aero mods to back it up.

IIRC (racers correct me) Spec Miata, ITS 240Z and Spec E30 all use 14s, so comp tires are out there if you need them