Fuel Pump - Page 2 - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Featured Replies

funny that the oem pump has a screen built in that you can actually service!!

I've even heard of people pulling fuel pumps with similar outputs from junkyard cars to avoid the parts store pumps that wear out quicker.

By the way, the parts store will not honor the 1 year warranty unless you have the protective screen on the input end of the pump; they didn't bother telling me about this part when I bought it, and there is no such part for sale or included with the pump. Bit of a catch 22.
Trust me when I say this. If I have an item that I bought from an Autozone, Kragen, Pep Boys, etc., and it fails while under warranty, that warranty will be honored, regardless of their little disclaimers/loopholes etc. Let's just say that I have a 'knack' with these things. Ultimately, they don't ever want to give you your money back but if I want a refund, I end up getting one. I guess it's not worth the disruption of their normal operation to continue to hassle me once I've decided I don't want their part. I have a 100% success rate on that. Haven't had to do that much lately since I don't buy crap like that Airtex/Cardone fuel pump that they sell and I wouldn't advise anyone to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.