I want an original key blank - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

I want an original key blank

Featured Replies

I doubt that your ignition is from a truck. But, if it won't unlock the doors, it's been changed. 78s have 'right side' locks and use a single key for everything. So just take the key you have that starts the car and the locks (both doors, hatch) to the locksmith and have him set those tumblers to that key.

Well here's a picture of my steering column with the ignition

DSC06845.jpg

it has a black push button lock that you have to depress to get the key completely out. it also mounts perpendicular to the steering column (but the mount is too small for the steering column on the Z

I would like to know what it's out of, since it does seem use the late model key

also, the harness seems to just hook into the stock harness perfectly fine. There's no indication that someone had hacked the harness to hook it all up

what do ya know, I found one that looks just like mine on partsamerica. It's for an 86+ D21 pickup

Edited by m4xwellmurd3r

Wow, that's 'interesting'! I stand corrected. Have you considered getting the proper ignition and returning it to the original setup?

Yep, I have. And plan to when I get enough money and get it to pass emissions. I think right now it just needs a bit of vacuum line and a good check over of all the rubber to get it to pass.

I do need the steering column trim. at least, the top half and the screws (I have the bottom half only o_O)

If your key is exactly as the one you linked to in that the grooves are in the same position as the one shown, go to a Nissan dealer and order KEY00-00055. If yours is the mirror image of that one, order KEY00-00056.

Awesome info!! I was just thinking about ordering a key and didn't realize we couldn't get the originals anymore. It's great to have this resource to talk with others about stuff like this. Thanks

If your key is exactly as the one you linked to in that the grooves are in the same position as the one shown, go to a Nissan dealer and order KEY00-00055. If yours is the mirror image of that one, order KEY00-00056.

I have two 00-00055 blanks.And they do NOT fit a 72 240.:disappoin

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
I have two 00-00055 blanks.And they do NOT fit a 72 240.:disappoin
I never said they would fit a 240.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.