IGNORED

Well bugger me. . .

240kconvertible

While searching through hybridz i came across this,

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=918857#post918857

It seems that a chrysler 318/340/360 will bolt straight into a 240z with it's standard mounts, and I'm assuming that it would also go straight into a K. when I trial fitted my block it was very close to fitting in but I had engine mounts that were for a chrysler 6cyl crossmember not the std v8 crossmember ones (i had pulled out my 225 and dropped in the 318).

It was so close, if I had seen this sooner I could have saved myself a few $ but then wouldn't have the rack & pinion.

If anyone has a K they're doing up in brisbane and wants to put a V8 in it let me know as I have a spare block sitting in my garage and would love to see if it actually fits. If K's have different mounting points to the Z also let me know so I can stop dreaming.

atleast the way your engine is mounted it is sitting further back in the bay than it would have with the std engine, which should help handling

I'm still very happy with what I've ended up with, you know the quality of swr's work. I reckon I'll need all the handling I can get once I start working the engine too.

It goes in for the brake lines and clutch line to be fitted next week sometime, shouldn't be long before it's moving on it's own power again. I would have started it by now but the exhaust shop put the extractors to close to where the starter motor sits so i have been unable to fire it up:cry:

I've got one of my clients "Midas" doing it for me. They are charging me $400 or $500 (to be advised once car is in the shop) including the fitment of a line locker and the rubber hoses to go to the calipers. I have been quoted $300 to get some custom braided lines made up but haven't bothered to get them as the costs are just spiraling out of control.

I was going to buy the tools to do it but i'd rather have the pros do the brakes.

They will also be fixing up the exhaust when it's in there. They did custom 2 1/4 inch extractors fitted for $800 the job came out really well except for the starter issue and the price was very good. I have been given cheaper quotes but i'd rather send it to where I know the job will be done properly.

is a line locker legal? maybe it is worth doing that after the engineering if at all :)

I bought a roll of tube to do the fuel lines, and a pipe bender, so i guess for $500 i will give it a go myself, or just get some braided extensions made up (really i only need to extend to the new brake distribution block), as long as the brake lines don't get damaged in the meantime

Edited by khughes

is a line locker legal?

Hmmmm never thought about that, suppose I'll get it checked out. I definitely want one, so I can do burnouts easily.

If you've bought the pipe and bender all you need is the flaring tool and away you go, would be silly getting someone else to do it as your half way there. I bought rubber line to do the fuel, cost $75 just to buy the line, hose clamps and fittings for the pump and regulator. It's an expensive hobby doing up 240k's that's for sure.

For Braided Lines, check out Goodridge in the UK. For a complete set for my bike I was quoted $320 in Australia, but finding these guys on ebay, it cost me $140 delivered. You would need to work out the lengths, angles and screw types, but still if you can weight, it's worth it.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/wezmoto

Except are they ADR approved?, a mate of mine got some done in Victoria, ADR approved and they cost about $80 each, which aint to bad, ill find out who they were if you like

Edited by Mastadd240K
Spelling