Need weight confirmation for 240Z - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need weight confirmation for 240Z

Featured Replies

HI,

I've just got a California 1970 240Z that is now in Québec, Canada.

I'm having a problem for to transfer the ownership since the weight is not mention on the ownership certificate of CA.

In Québec, the weight is mention on the certificate and the autority doesn't have a 1970 car list in their computer..............

They're are now asking me of a weight confirmation.

Does someone have a document from Nissan/Datsun that confirm the weight for a 1970 240Z. That would really help me.

By the way, I've call the local Nissan dealer and refer me to Nissan Canada help center. I've told him my story and he said that I should call a Datsun dealer for my problem.................:dead:

Thanks in advance,

Joce

I think for that purpose an approximate weight would be sufficient and in your case it would be about 2300 lbs. The later cars have the gross vehicle weight inside the drivers door jamb, that minus 400 lbs is around the cars weight.

Some pictures are always appreciated.

Good luck.

Edited by Sailor Bob

  • Author

Thanks but they're asking for more. They want a proof of it.

A document or have the car bring to a car balance...............

I know that the "vitals" were published in the various sales brochures. I don't carry the one for my '72 model with me, but I can look when I get home tonight. However, if someone out there has a sales brochure for the '70 model year, they could scan it and send the PDF file to you. That's about the best proof one can expect to find short of putting your particular car on a scale.

I had to go to a weigh station which is generally used for commercial vehicles to get a weight certificate for a car that I was in the process of registering. That was some years ago. Now, at least here in California, all you'd have to do is fill out a 'Statement of Facts' form from the DMV.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I checked the specs page from the parts microfiche, it listed everything except the weight. How about the Specs page from a FSM?

And here's a thought - will they accept a scanned (non-original) copy? Or will they require you to show an original?

Edited by Arne

  • Author
I checked the specs page from the parts microfiche, it listed everything except the weight. How about the Specs page from a FSM?

And here's a thought - will they accept a scanned (non-original) copy? Or will they require you to show an original?

I'll try first with a copy for sure.

Do you have an owner's manual for it?

the 1971 FSM states HLS30-U weighs 1,044 kg (2,300 lb)

Joce,

The place near me took my word for it when bringing in my cars from Ontario. Essaie une succursale differente peut-etre?

It's so lovely that I scanned the whole thing, but it's too big (15 MB) a PDF file to upload to the Web site. The stated weights are 2350 manual and 2400 automatic. One of these days I'm going to have to upgrade my home connection from dial-up.:D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.