IGNORED

this is beyond me.

SoopA

i still cant get past 4k revs in 5th gear. in my car 4k in 5th is about 110 mph... which isnt nearly fast enough.

Didn't someone say that this thread was stupid?

Uh, that's just been confirmed. And so, another user gets added to the old 'ignore' list......

Better be on a track.

I have had the same problem, but unique at the same time. One of the less educated previous owners of my car JB welded the vent tube on the gas tank shut and plugged the line leading to the expansion tank. I've soldered a metal tube back on the hack-sawed old one and reconnected the rubber line. Shouldn't have that fuel starvation problem again (I hope).

Didn't someone say that this thread was stupid?

Uh, that's just been confirmed. And so, another user gets added to the old 'ignore' list......

how about you cut that $^!# out and help me get my car faster.

its expensive... not only that, but the car i have now was literally all of my money and some of somebody else's. And , getting on the track is my number 1 priority (on the bike). but it is so far! the closest track is where? Holtville? thats extra far. then there is willow in bakersfield. thats about a 6 hour trip (assuming you respect speed limits). All i have are the backroads of campo and palomar. and driving there is no exception for driving on a track. but i think smashing at autocross on the weekends might vent all my urges so im going to start as soon as the car is ready. which actually might be tomorrow! i could probably catch autocross this sunday. problem solved.

SoopA,

I think that Hybridz.com might be a better suited forum for you and your needs. Most of the people here are concerned about restoring and improving the driveability of thier classic Zs. Sure you'll find plenty of "go fast" improvements on our cars, but if you want a 300+ HP monster Hybridz.com is the site for you. Your desire to do nothing but make your car go faster and faster will most likely lead to many unanswered posts.