IGNORED

this is beyond me.

SoopA

Snoop, what year is your Zed? Electrical pump plus mechanical or just one or the other. If you have a electrical pump then there is a filter before the pump . Change that one first there is another filter in the engine bay and screens at the ''banjo'' fittings on the SUs . If injected this is a different story.

This is the kid that's 'starting his racing career'. I think he owns a 260Z but that's about all the info he's given here so far other than wanting to buy stuff to make it go fast. It's kind of tough to do anything but guess with that post being all we've got to go on.

This is the kid that's 'starting his racing career'. I think he owns a 260Z but that's about all the info he's given here so far other than wanting to buy stuff to make it go fast. It's kind of tough to do anything but guess with that post being all we've got to go on.

i know i know... i thought building a racecar would be a lot less expensive than it actually is.. so i decided to take my car and build it into something i could escape from a bank robbery in.

Snoop, what year is your Zed? Electrical pump plus mechanical or just one or the other. If you have a electrical pump then there is a filter before the pump . Change that one first there is another filter in the engine bay and screens at the ''banjo'' fittings on the SUs . If injected this is a different story.

its a 73 and it has an electric fuel pump

Solution: Quit haulin' arse.....

Seriously, a lttle more info.

What carbs? Flat top or round top? How much fuel pressure are you running? Are your float levels correct?

Even though the carbureted Z is simplicity personified, relatively speaking, there is more to it than just putting your boot in it.....