IGNORED

Rear Strut Bar Fitment

Higuys ( and babes),

I was contemplating the fitment of a trut bar in the back of my 280Z, and besides the actual bolting-on of the thing, I would probably want to get the covers back on the seatbelt retractors.

First of all, would a 280Z benefit from the addition of the strut bar? Personally I don't think I can tell if there is any flexing of the body. I'm probably more aware of the screaming tires :eek: than flexing.

Is there enough room under the retractor to bolt on a strut bar? I think you'd need to cut a slot in the cover for the bar to go through, so would that spoil the looks of things?

thxZ

yes. your 280z would benefit from a strut bar. some z's flex enough to crack the 1/4 panel to roof (weld) seam. should decide on installing front and rear strutbars, you will notice a slight improvement in body rigidity during cornering.

yes. you will need to cut a slot in the seat belt retractor cover...how it looks is up to you.

My paint is cracked on the pillar at the top of the hatch opening. I assume it's a clue like you suggest?

Then to find out who makes rear strut bars for a 280Z...

thxZ

1. yes.

2. any number of a zillion aftermarket Z suppliers...search around (MSA, etc) good luck :o