IGNORED

'70 S30 Owner's Manual - what's it worth?

mark belrose

I've got a 240Z Owner's Manual, issue date 20 July 1970, in excellent shape. It came with the car I bought 16 years ago. I'm not in the market to sell as it is a piece of the car's history, but was just wondering what this type of item is bringing these days.

On another note, I've got the original SCCA log book for my other 240Z, documenting competition as a privateer at Riverside in 1971. That's yet another piece of literature being kept in a safe place. As compared to the Owner's Manual, it's of high value to me but likely of little value to anyone else.

Mark

'70 240Z street/open track

'70 240Z vintage SCCA C Production

Do an eBay search to get an idea of what some people will pay for them. Most of these go for $20 or less from what I've seen. And yes, Nissan reprinted the 1972 (IIRC) manual in 1997 (possibly for the Vintage Z program?).

There are two types of owner manuals printed as of December, 1969. I believe the darker Z at more of an angle survived into 1970. Yes, this manual was reprinted in 1997 as part of the Vintage Z program.

In past threads, I have seen manuals like these with the reference to the hand throttle omitted. I have no idea what these are worth. I keep trying to buy a Vintage Z reprint with no luck!

post-4148-14150803621327_thumb.jpg

To me reprints are reprints , not limited production . A real 1970 manual should fetch decent money , say $50 or more in nice shape . Now a real 1969 print with factory whiteout and all the spelling and funny mis-translated ''dilections'' can reach $300 + to the right buyer ! ( seen it , been outbid by a site member argh ! )

There are two types of owner manuals printed as of December, 1969. I believe the darker Z at more of an angle survived into 1970. Yes, this manual was reprinted in 1997 as part of the Vintage Z program.

In past threads, I have seen manuals like these with the reference to the hand throttle omitted. I have no idea what these are worth. I keep trying to buy a Vintage Z reprint with no luck!

The one I have for #215 has little paper "corrections" glued over the top of references to the hand-throttle...