IGNORED

Exterior refresh of my red 240Z

Arne

Personally, I would never even consider a Z with a sunroof no matter how nice the rest of the car is.
Turns out that getting rid of the sunroof was not that hard or expensive. So the mere presence of a sunroof need not keep you from buying an otherwise good car.

Looking good so far, guess it's time to change the avatar again.
Naw, I think I'll wait until the weekend. :D
Hurry up Arne, Canby's aroung the corner.
Tell me about it. The plan is to pick it up late Friday afternoon. Even if I don't work on it at all evenings after work (what are the chances of THAT?), I have two full weekends, plus the Saturday of Canby weekend, since I only plan on attending on Sunday. That's 5 full days. I've been cleaning parts over the past two weeks in my spare time, so in many cases it'll be pick it up and bolt it on. The cleaning is what takes the time. So I figure at the very worst it'll be weather-tight and drivable, even if it's not completely assembled.

And if it's drivable, I'll bring it.

Checked in again today, but no new pictures, as to the camera it looks much the same as the last one. But in person, it looks great! I can't wait to bring it back home tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, I'm actually very impressed with both shops I used. I began this whole deal on April 26 when I pulled a few parts off and took the car North for the roof skin. I'll have it back today, May 30, and I suspect I'll have it assembled enough to drive by the end of this weekend, and probably complete in another week. We're talking 6 weeks total. That's way faster than I would have guessed.

It's home, and it's good. Reassembly has begun. I've called it a night for now, don't want to work on it if I'm not fresh.

The results look to be just what I wanted, not a showroom or concours job, but a very sharp refresh of an original survivor. It's going to look great with all the trim and lights back on it.

Doors are going to be hard to close for a while, damn weatherstripping...

post-8596-1415080349091_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803491317_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803491805_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803492141_thumb.jpg

post-8596-14150803492475_thumb.jpg

post-8596-1415080349302_thumb.jpg