Electric / hybrid 240z - Page 3 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Electric / hybrid 240z

Featured Replies

That is so cool.

You definitely have inspired me to rethink my long term ZCar Plans.

A plug in Z would be perfect for my daily drive.

Of course I'd still have to have a gas powered one as well!.

Derek

  • Author

Of course I'd still have to have a gas powered one as well!.

Derek

Of course, goes without saying.

Jmead, How is all that weight in front of the front axle line going to affect the handling?

How heavy are those batteries?

Of course, goes without saying.

Jmead, How is all that weight in front of the front axle line going to affect the handling?

How heavy are those batteries?

There are 8 batteries up front, weighing 60lbs each, this is only 480 lbs. About the same as the engine they replace

I gotta hand it to ya kid, you're doing a great job. Two things:

1) You *gotta* bring this car up to a show in Syracuse or Rochester this summer. I have to see it in person :-)

2) What's your budget for this project and by what % do you think you'll exceed it? ;-)

Impressive project!

Our Z's batteries weigh 84 lbs. a piece! 1008 lbs. total.

But you have some other great ideas I see.

Joe

Operation Z

post-15009-14150802955369_thumb.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

dscn2007.jpg?w=400

The motor is mounted and the car is completely wired up. I've been working non-stop for 20 hours to get it done.

Maiden voyage tomorrow!

WOW great progress James!

You know you could always use the loop of cable on the middle batteries in the passenger compartment (blog pic) as a cup holder.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Derek

WOW great progress James!

You know you could always use the loop of cable on the middle batteries in the passenger compartment (blog pic) as a cup holder.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Derek

Hehe, it is kind of asking for a cup. I wish I didn't have to make it so obtrusive, I will have to see about changing that in the next revision.

Better pic with more progress:

dscn2025.jpg?w=400

Outstanding!

20 hours straight...talk about commitment!

Will

very cool James.

post more video!!

derek

That's awesome, but it just seems to be missing that "VROOM VROOOOM"

How about a little speaker in the back to reproduce the exhaust notes.LOLLOL

Dave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.