IGNORED

Brake booster, master cyl upgrade

I need to sort out a brake booster, master cylinder that will fit my firewall holes and run the R32 GTR front brakes and 300zx rears.

SWR have informned me that I could use a 240z booster with a 280zx vertical mount master cyl 15/16 ratio and that this would be fine. Hoppers stoppers have recommended using a late 70's booster 1inch master cylinder from a Patrol. They say this fits straight onto 120y's 200b's but they are unsure if it will fit the 240K.

Any ideas which kit will be best or any better ideas to sort the issue out please let me know

Cheers Andrew

• 10 months later...

I ended up fitting a R34 1inch master/booster and drilling holes into the firewall. It's easy to drill through the firewall but hard to custom modify the inside steering support brace to make sure the booster has something other than the firewall to hold to.

I've been told that there is a 240z booster that will fit the std hole size and can also have a 1 inch master attached.

Are you trying to upgrade to a 1 inch master to run bigger brakes?

Do you know of any C110 fender mirrors for sale?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I ended up fitting a R34 1inch master/booster and drilling holes into the firewall. It's easy to drill through the firewall but hard to custom modify the inside steering support brace to make sure the booster has something other than the firewall to hold to.

I've been told that there is a 240z booster that will fit the std hole size and can also have a 1 inch master attached.

Are you trying to upgrade to a 1 inch master to run bigger brakes?

Do you know of any C110 fender mirrors for sale?

I'm just trying to through on some 4 pot R32 brakes and will probably leave the rear stock drums. I don't plan on racing so, I think the 4 pots will be good. Do you know If I need a bigger booster for em, or should I stick to the stock ones? What kind of suspension do you have? I could get those mirrors here on yahoo auction.

You'll need a bigger booster and a 1 inch master cylinder to run the 4 pot r32 brakes.

The suspension in the convertible is z32 rear cradle and r31 front crossmember. I'll be upgrading to s14 struts and lower control arms shortly to increase the front track.

Can you let me know what the mirrors go for in Japan?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know the answer to the booster issue, it would be best to take your one off make a template for the holes and take it into a wreckers to match it up.

Would you be able to bid on some mirrors for me? I could transfer some cash to your bank or paypal account, whatever is easier for you.

Cheers Andrew

• 6 months later...

Tyrone, to answer your question the 280z booster will fit in a C110 chassis (just barely touching the clutch master cylinder) but I had to change the mounting plate that goes to the back of the booster and lengthen the rod that goes to the brake pedal about 30mm if that sounds like something you're up to doing.