New Knight Rider Series - Page 3 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New Knight Rider Series

Which car do you think they should of gone with? 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Which car do you think they should of gone with?

    • Gone with the tradition of staying with a new trans am?
      36%
      11
    • Stuck with the Pontiac line?
      16%
      5
    • Use what they are using now?
      10%
      3
    • Don't care, wasn't a fan of the show anyway.
      36%
      11

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Please tell me that you're joking.

Me and my dad were just taliking about "Peter Gun",

if they remade it they'd mess that up.

Neat...I like how Leno says "nowadays you just want your car to shut up!":D

I think they should have used one of the last WS-6 Trans-Am's or Firehawks. Those were/are absolute beasts. Mustangs STILL don't have the power that those did. 345Hp baby!

Being from the south, and familiar with rednecks, I thought the comment was great. Down here in GA, not all of us are rednecks despite popular belief. I presently live in south Ga, an area that is frot with rednecks. I am from north Ga (Athens Go Dawgs UGA etc) and the rednecks are not as prolific as our more southern Ga bretheren. Hope this southern perspective helps!!! HAHA

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
I think they should have used one of the last WS-6 Trans-Am's or Firehawks. Those were/are absolute beasts. Mustangs STILL don't have the power that those did. 345Hp baby!
Er....those Mustangs do. I believe they said that the Mustang GT500KR puts out 540HP.
Er....those Mustangs do. I believe they said that the Mustang GT500KR puts out 540HP.

Okaythat may be true, but that car weighs 3900lbs. Thats one heavy-arse car, so its gonna need every bit of that 500hp to get moving. I was referring to the Mustang GT that only puts out 300hp and still weighs 3483lbs, which is about the same weight as the last Trans-Am, but less power. Its been a decade since that LS1 Trans-Am came out and Ford STILL hasn't caught up. Besides, that GT500 costs $45000. Who in their right mind would spend that kinda cash on a Mustang?!?!

Probably the biggest consideration made was the marketability factor of the car chosen. The producers and Ford must have hashed out an agreement.

Okaythat may be true, but that car weighs 3900lbs. Thats one heavy-arse car, so its gonna need every bit of that 500hp to get moving. I was referring to the Mustang GT that only puts out 300hp and still weighs 3483lbs, which is about the same weight as the last Trans-Am, but less power. Its been a decade since that LS1 Trans-Am came out and Ford STILL hasn't caught up. Besides, that GT500 costs $45000. Who in their right mind would spend that kinda cash on a Mustang?!?!

Gut it,

Race it,

45 well spent :)

~Z~

Okaythat may be true, but that car weighs 3900lbs. Thats one heavy-arse car, so its gonna need every bit of that 500hp to get moving. I was referring to the Mustang GT that only puts out 300hp and still weighs 3483lbs, which is about the same weight as the last Trans-Am, but less power. Its been a decade since that LS1 Trans-Am came out and Ford STILL hasn't caught up. Besides, that GT500 costs $45000. Who in their right mind would spend that kinda cash on a Mustang?!?!

The new GT puts out 325hp.

I'm a huge Mustang fan, if I had the forty five grand, it would be car I'd buy.:)

In the video with Jay, the Knight Rider car builder said that there was deal worked out with Ford, so there must've been a deal made, because they did get the two cars to start with.

When is the movie showing on Sunday?

thxZ

Okaythat may be true, but that car weighs 3900lbs. Thats one heavy-arse car, so its gonna need every bit of that 500hp to get moving. I was referring to the Mustang GT that only puts out 300hp and still weighs 3483lbs, which is about the same weight as the last Trans-Am, but less power. Its been a decade since that LS1 Trans-Am came out and Ford STILL hasn't caught up. Besides, that GT500 costs $45000. Who in their right mind would spend that kinda cash on a Mustang?!?!
Not wanting to be argumentative but 3483lbs/300hp=11.6lbs/hp and 3900lbs/540hp=7.2lbs/hp. But you are right about the cost.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.