IGNORED

Peter Brock offers rare 1971 2.5 Trans-Am Championship Poster. 23"x32".

Carl Beck

To commemorate the BRE 510 winning the 1971 2.5 Trans-Am championship, Datsun had 23"x32" Posters made up.

From The BRE2.net Web Sight:

"In going through our archives we found some original posters Datsun had made in 1971 to commemorate the BRE 510 winning the 2.5 TransAm Champtionship that year.

Each will be signed by Peter and sold on a first come first served basis. When they are gone... they will be gone. They have been stored flat all these years and are in "like new" condition."

$95.00 plus S&H

See: http://bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=B&Category_Code=funstuff

FWIW,

Carl B.

Update - several people ask me how many of these original 37 year old Datsun Posters were found in the "stack". Turns out that there are less than 80, and they will have a certificate of authenticity affixed to the back by BRE,

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-1415080223528_thumb.jpg

So I went and ordered this poster this morning, along with a couple of the 240z photos and paid the $10 to have the photos signed by Peter. His wife emailed me shortly thereafter I said that they only live a couple of miles away from me and wondered if I would be interested in having lunch with her and Peter. They will hand deliver the items, instead of shipping, since they are so close. Needless to say, I jumped at the offer, so I'll be meeting them this afternoon. How cool is that?

-Mike

Well, I just got back from meeting Peter and his wife Gayle and they were incredibly nice people. I got to talk to him about Datsuns and his career for about an hour. What an amazing life! The poster and pictures are great. Sounds like the posters are going quickly. Since they only started with 80, I don't think they have many left. I also ordered the T-shirt with the BRE 240z on the back. They are probably the highest quality T's out there. Gayle also brought most of the other items they offer, so I could check them out and give them some feedback. Everything is very high quality. The 510 RC model looks cool. I can't wait until they finish the 240z model. I also got to see a protype coffee mug they have with a side view of the BRE 240z and Peter. A day to remember for sure!

-Mike

I have the ABC R/C BRE 510 car model, and it is cool. It comes assembled with Panasports!! The guys from ABC knew the guys from Lightning magazine and contacted me to photo my Z for the model.

From what I understand the BRE Z model will be available this spring, and the roadster a little later this year.

I have met Peter Brock several times and he is always great to talk to. I have yet to meet Gayle, but I have emailed back and forth with her, and she is on the right track to make the BRE site something special.

Ron

Hi Mike:

Now THAT's SERVICE. Glad to hear you had the opportunity and enjoyed the visit. You are going to post a picture or two from lunch.. aren't you?

FWIW,

Carl

Actually I only took two pictures. I forgot to get one before we left the restaurant and it was raining once we got outside (not much of a surprise for Seattle). I brought my 72 240z and was able to show it to Peter and Gayle on the way out.

-Mike

post-9102-14150802240367_thumb.jpg

Cool Mike. Which pics did you buy? I have heard Peter talk on Nissan's racing history. Great speaker.

These two:

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=photo240z_image001&Category_Code=brearchivephotos

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=photo240z_image002&Category_Code=brearchivephotos

I think these are two of the most iconic images of the BRE 240z race car.

The first is the graphic on the back of the T-shirt I also bought (and I think I have seen it on an old dealer poster as well?)

http://www.bre2.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=B&Product_Code=apt240z001&Category_Code=ap

The second was the graphic for the prototype coffee mug they showed me.

-Mike