IGNORED

Dash Replacement

ZcarTom

Would anyone know what cost or time it takes to replace a 240 Z Dash? We are trying to complete an insurance claim and the dash needed replaced. I found the part easily enough but could not find a value for replacing it. Also needed a console replaced but though it would be much easier than a Dash. Am I correct? Thanks, Tom or mishunaire@aol.com

You should have asked this in another thread. There are some good tutorials in the archives if you do a search for them. This might help. It's an exerpt from Mitchell's Foreign Estimator Guide. The time estimates will remain the same or close today. If anything I would allow a bit more time to allow for extra care to be taken with brittle & aged parts. Ignore the prices. I don't have a page covering the console.

You should have asked this in another thread. There are some good tutorials in the archives if you do a search for them. This might help. It's an exerpt from Mitchell's Foreign Estimator Guide. The time estimates will remain the same or close today. If anything I would allow a bit more time to allow for extra care to be taken with brittle & aged parts. Ignore the prices. I don't have a page covering the console.

Thanks Geezer, that was my first post so wasn't sure where to go with it. Is the attachment time for pulling the dash or include pulling and replacing it with another dash? Thanks, Tom

That's the estimated time for removing & replacing. Note that it takes just as long to replace the pad as it does to replace the entire assembly. It's not too late, make another post and introduce yourself.

Thanks so much, Tom B here with a mess. Our 4th 1972 Datsun 240Z that little brother bought for $900 and spent over $23,000 on restoration and finished 6 yeares ago, we bring it down to Florida for a visit, it goes thru a Hurricane, gets flooded, wrecked, attempted theft, and finally rusting from everwhere. Yipes. She was a beauty. Don't know whether to part it out, or look for a good rolling chassis. Sorry I am in the wrong place here,but the help was very helpful. Tom

Woops, I meant introduce yourself in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread. Maybe Mike can move this for us. HaHa, welcome Tom. You will learm your way around the site soon enough. And be sure to use the search function as there is a treasure trove of info to be discovered.

Thanks so much, Tom B here with a mess. Our 4th 1972 Datsun 240Z that little brother bought for $900 and spent over $23,000 on restoration and finished 6 yeares ago, we bring it down to Florida for a visit, it goes thru a Hurricane, gets flooded, wrecked, attempted theft, and finally rusting from everwhere. Yipes. She was a beauty. Don't know whether to part it out, or look for a good rolling chassis. Sorry I am in the wrong place here,but the help was very helpful. Tom
Yikes. I hope you had classic car insurance ie Hagerty.