IGNORED

Conversion to longnose

HxC240z

So while I'm working on rebuilding my engine I have been searching for r200s and a 5 speed. I know a guy with a lsd longnose r200 and have been trying to get A 5 SPEED from Miami to Ohio, but anyways, what is needed to put a longnose in my 73 240?

Hi HxC240z:

I do not know what a "long nose" r200 is. Can you provide the exact model and year car it was found in?

The 300ZX's used the R200 - but with different flanges/yokes - not something that is a direct bolt-in, but can be done with enough money and a good rear end shop.

See: http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/R200.htm

FWIW,

Carl B.

if you didn't know, there is a search tool, located in the blue colored bar of items (at the top area across the website), something like the 3rd one from the right...Use the search to answer your questions before posting your question.

That's what is expected, and assumed everyone does, before anyone posts unknown info... Your questions have been answered many times...(other than 'longnose') what does this mean? never heard of the word in reference to a R200...beside the flanges and backing plates, an R200 is an R200, I thought.... good luck!!!