IGNORED

Replacement Fenders?

rednek-aggie10

Welcome!

Fenders are still available from Nissan-check your dealer,

63100-N4700 rh

63101-N4700 lh

check the front page for a link to the company that makes the other sheet metal that Black Dragon stells-I forget the name, but I'll post it momentarily-the link is gone, I'll have a look at the parts I ordered direct tomorrow.

Will

I strongly recommend buying the Z-Car MicroFiche CD advertised at the top of the page on this web site.

For many reasons the dealers are reluctant to try to look up part numbers for old cars. But with the Z-Car CD you can find the part number yourself, then lookup that number at www.courtesyparts.com to see if it is still available.

Oh, by the way, they sell Nissan fenders as well. But you would either have to go to Texas to pick them up, or pay truck freight to your house.

I bought the fenders and hood for my 71 240Z at my local Nissan dealer. The parts manager was shocked (as we were loading the part into my truck) when I told him what year my car was...

Black-Dragon gets their patch panels and other replacement body parts from Tabco. Go to Tabcobodyparts.com, they should have them. I have not checked out the site in a while so I could be wrong. In the case of quarter patches though, I just installed a pair on my 76' and they were cut very....rough....:ermm: but I had been waiting so long to get them, I made them work.:devious:

Tabco is the company I was thinking of. I have bought all of their S30 offereings, and some are a better fit than others, but they are what all of the vendors sell...and you can usually get them direct for a little cheeper-when I bought several together they ate the shipping cost.

Will

My first choice would be to buy the fenders from Nissan. I would pay a premium for them if I had to, before I went with aftermarket fenders. Other O.E.M. stampings are not so easy to find, such as rockers, wheel housings, quarter sections, etc., unless you find some that were bought years ago and stored. I found it to be impossible, to buy parts directly from Tabco, even though I had previously bought parts from them with no problems. This time I had to pay more from Mill Supply and pay for the shipping, even though Tabco supplies their parts. Even so it took 6 months for my order to be delivered. I agree on the quality of Tabco's Z stampings. They are no longer up to standard and must be reworked in order to use. Nothing a few hours with a hammer & dollie won't solve, but be forewarned, it is nessesary. I don't think we have many options as far as the stampings still being made today. P.S. - My experience just reinforces what others have said about the importance of buying the best rust free body you possibly can to start with. I think I'll look for one just to keep on hand.

Reworking is almost mandatory, I did get lucky on a set of fender patches though. They fit real well and were cheap enough. The 1/4s were not so, the curve at the back was way off and so was the wheel arch. The only way I could make it look somewhat close to original was to cut wedges into and out of it.

Tabco said that the patches would not come out of the presses w/o trouble and that would explain the wrinkles but the other areas were like a mis-sized die? I was able to get a LH rocker panel, but it too seemed too long in some areas and too short in others, I made it work. I wonder why Black Dragon doesn't have a RH rocker? I see tabco doesn't have fenders either.

Anyone know where i could find replacement fenders for a 77 208z? i have not been able to find anyone who sells fenders, quarter panels, etc.

Thanks!

As was mentioned. Buy the Club's CD . You will find dealing with the parts guy at the dealer, they will be MUCH more cooperative if you have the part numbers for any of these old Z cars parts. I think the cost for a fender is about $300.00 the same for a hood. No 280Z hoods are available only 240's. As per my friend that just is finishing his '71. His dealer had the hood in stock. I did hear that the front finders are being made in Korea , for Nissan.

I just bolted the front fenders on that I bought from Nissan. Fit right the first time. They were worth the money right there. Same with the hood. Took about two hours to fit and align the hood and fenders. I do not know where they were made but the fit is right either way so, really makes no difference.

I bought the patch panel for the right quarter from MSA. It had the tabco sticker on it but, it was not in stock at Tabco. I found the 240 panel to fit better then I expected. I cut the old metal out and all the critical points lined up nicely. Crimped the old fender and screwed the new metal in place adjusted it twice and then welded it up. Looks like before and after:

post-1188-14150802067592_thumb.jpg

post-1188-14150802067801_thumb.jpg