gas tanks - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

gas tanks

Featured Replies

Not absolutely sure, but I think if you use the straps from the 280 tank it will work. The 280 tanks are a bit larger by about a gallon. Perhaps someone else has done this and can give you an accurate answer.

I know a guy that's got a 76 280z tank on a 240z and one of the things he had to do was get bigger straps to hold the tank up, so I'm pretty sure it will work with minor moding.

I have a 240z with a 76 280z tank. The only thing I had to modify was the straps. Made one side longer. Cost me $10 to make it longer.

My friend who has a 260z was able to use his straps basically he didn't have to do any mods.

Others say they had to use the 280z straps or make there 240z straps longer and some of them said they had to put a longer gas intake house. Almost forgot, just cap your extra hoses.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.