IGNORED

ARRC this weekend, Road Atlanta

gogriz91

Well member David Spillman had a decent weekend in his newly purchased ITS 240Z. He won the ITS class PRO IT race Friday and took second overall to a ITR BMW. He was plagued with gearbox problems in the ARRC ITS race on Sat. but still finished. All in all not a bad weekend. Here is a shot from Friday nights PRO IT race. Sorry for the quality. It was very dark & overcast by the time the race started. This shot is at 1600 ISO!

DSC_8694-1.jpg

The dowel from the the cam to the timing chain sharded after about 5 minutes on Saturday on John's car...said he would drive the 27 car for the enduro. I told him you said "hey" Carl, that seemed to perk him up on Saturday. Dropped my '73 off at his shop for some "special attention" over the next few months, can't wait to get it back.

The dowel from the the cam to the timing chain sharded after about 5 minutes on Saturday on John's car...said he would drive the 27 car for the enduro. I told him you said "hey" Carl, that seemed to perk him up on Saturday. Dropped my '73 off at his shop for some "special attention" over the next few months, can't wait to get it back.
You don't have any contact info for David Kim DDS who owns the #27 240Z and runs with John W. do you?

Hi Pete:

Thanks - I hope you guys in that area realize how lucky you are to have a resource like John anywhere close to you. Great guy, loves the 240-Z's and there isn't anything he can't do, or hasn't done a hundred times already. Very reasonable shop prices for first class work as well. Not to mention a very competitive driver...

I usually try to make it up to Atlanta for the ARRC, but this year it conflicted with a local Concours event I had earlier committed to attend. Also it conflicted with the Historic's at Daytona... Sure wish these event organizers of major events would coordinate a little better here in the South East at least.

FWIW,

Carl B.