IGNORED

I Need Help A.s.a.p.

STAYZ75Z

I HAVE A 77 280 Z THAT I AM SELLING TODAY. IT DIDNT PASS SMOG BECAUSE THE F.I. IS RUNNING TOO RICH. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM SO I CAN HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY MY RENT.

THE CAR HAS 46,880 ORIGINAL MILES, WAS SITTING FOR OVER 30 YEARS. ,MY HUSBAND CAME ON THIS SITE AND DIED ON APRIL 13TH THIS YEAR. HE CHECKED OUT THE WHOLE CAR. ALL OF THE PARTS IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT IS STILL FACTORY. MY HUSBANDS NAME HERE WAS: MDC75.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME IN A RUSH? THANX

E-MAIL: Positvthinkr@cox.net

Has the car been driven much lately? How close were the car's test numbers to the allowed limits? If they were close, sometimes all these cars need is some fairly spirited freeway driving before the smog check. You might even try a good in-tank fuel system cleaner. Run the car with the cleaner in the tank until the fuel level is fairly low and then fill it up (no cleaner this time) and then try the smog check again. Like I said, if the numbers were fairly close, either of those should work.

In addition to what Stephen said, make sure that the car is up to normal operating temperatures and has been for a while before running the test. I seem to recall that some vehicles will fail if the test if the cat hasn't gotten to its optimal temperature. When I lived in Cali (years ago) I recall the smog tech asking me if I had done this, so there must be something to it.

There are so many things to consider. Did you pass the low or high rpm's? Fail both? Most pass the high and fail the low. If it is close then running a higher rpm at idle could help. other things to do is do a basic tuneup: plugs, oil, filter and the fuel cleaner like Stephen said. Lucky for you its not computerized or you'd be worried about a closed loop.

MY HUSBANDS NAME HERE WAS: MDC75

Would that be MC75Z? Michael? I'm sorry to hear of his passing. I recall exchanging pm's with him possibly about a year or so ago about fuel injectors and/or fuel injector connectors. I recall that somehow in those pm's that we realized that were were roughly the same age.

• 1 month later...

Hey Everyone. Yes that was Michael. Liver cancer. Thank you and I miss him too. SHE PASSED SMOG LEGALLY! The guy ran her at 24 m.p.h. instead of at 25 and she passed. Finally! Well I ended up keeping the car. Thanks All,

Stacey

Hey Everyone. Yes that was Michael. Liver cancer. Thank you and I miss him too. SHE PASSED SMOG LEGALLY! The guy ran her at 24 m.p.h. instead of at 25 and she passed. Finally! Well I ended up keeping the car. Thanks All,

Stacey

Congrads on the good news! Glad you got to keep the car, enjoy it! Post some pictures of it to if you'd like and how her off!:)