IGNORED

Another "good as chrome" product?

geezer

Thanks for the link Jimmy. I have seen it before and it is quite impressive. That particular product is much different and has a great advantage, as it can be used on plastics and other non conductive surfaces. I think these various chrome alternatives are the way of the future. They are getting better all of the time. If your not doing a concourse restoration it will be the way to go. The last restoration I did, I spent $3800.00 on the chrome and that wasn't counting the bumpers! Makes me glad this Z doesn't have much chrome.:D

Ron, My bumpers won't fit in my oven. :( I wonder if the pizza-pizza will let me use their oven to cook some newly chromed bumpers!

That stuff sounds an awful lot cheaper than re-chroming. If you use it, put up a post and let us know how it goes. Sounds neat.

Zak

I was thinking smaller than bumpers Zak, but I like the pizza-pizza idea. Your bumpers would smell great, but I don't know about the next guy's pizza:sick:

Tommo, the guy selling this product is in your backyard. You probably could use a heat gun for small parts if you kept the heat even. He says he can't ship internationally. This sounds to be the same product available from Summit.

According to the auction, you can't really apply the stuff over chrome- you will have to either sandblast the area rough, or sandbast the old chrome off completely. Bare metal is needed. Some experimentation is in order, maybe on an old emblem or something like that.

I think a heatgun might work if it doesn't blow a lot of air. Maybe make a small metal box for the heatgun/oven.

thxZ

Justin,

For plastic, it might be possible to use it in small areas, and cure it ith a heat gun. Heat in a small area might not hurt a plastic part. I don't know what kind of heat is needed until I get my can of product.

I'd like to chrome the plastic covers on the front of the armest.