IGNORED

Have all R33 gtst's been thrashed

if you have a bad driving history, is it really worth getting a skyline? especially if you can't insure it (i presume you would get third party at least!?)? wouldn't it be better to get something a little more understated and insurable?

i guess it depends what you are after, a soarer is not going to handle.. and after a while you will get sick of driving a boat :)

R33's are good, but you really want to get a Series 2 (1996+) model, parts are cheap and easily found these days which is good.. it is going to be hard to get a bargain and a good one at the same time though.. atleast there are plenty of them out there.. just stick to your guns and don't compromise :)

how about an impreza RX (2.5L), stick a turbo on it (or complete wrx head etc.), and a bit of suspension work and you have your own sti!.. cheap to insure, all wheel drive, comfortable and sporty?

i agree with liking r32's over 33's, but the price makes buying an 32's stupid. stagea's are pretty cheap for what they are?

why do you have to have a car thats no more than 7 year old?

have you concidered a renault clio sport? fwd limits any real stupidity, 2002+ so very new, 12ish grand if you look long enough, very ugly so no cop attention. although i'm not sure if i'd like to know how much parts for them are...and there's always barina SRi's, my mum has one and when u get over how much they look like a chicks car and the weird driving position its a bit of fun, and they won wheel's bang for buck a few years in a row

i'd love to get a legacy gtb as a daily driver/functional car, although i dont have that sort of money to waste on a car, and if i did i'd want to waste it on the zed LOL

I did use mine as a daily driver for a year but my neck became permenantly red from the sunburn and I couldn't drive with the roof up as the fuel filler was in the boot and leaked fumes into the cabin.

Do you use yours as a daily driver Nigel?

Yes, I do,

I don't do a lot of miles in it, since work is only 5 minutes from my home, but I do enjoy driving my car, the only down side, if I',m going to do work on it, normally I do it on weekends, so I must make sure that it wont take more than two days to do..

else I have to find other ways to get to work, and since i'm to lazy to walk.

http://noddle.gallery.netspace.net.au/My-Car

I'ts running EFI now so the last picture is out of date.

Nigel

Due to my history it isn't worth getting a R33, Soarer or anything above Cressida value but I just can't be told that as I buy on emotion not responsibilty/sensibility. And how cool would it be to have an R33 next to the vert 240k in the garage. I will just be getting third party on any car I own for the next 30 odd months. I have 2 months to find a new car before Boss man gets angry so I will wait for the perfect R33.

I couldn't buy an RX as I have told myself that the car I buy cannot have any modification plans involved. I'm just about to get a boat from my Dad really cheap and build that so I cannot afford any time for other projects beside the 240K & boat. Check www.scruffie.com and look at the stornaway weekender if you like boats.

Zedvan, it's in my contract as a sales manager not to have an old car, my boss has agreed that the 7 year rule is ok to ignore as long as the car looks good & newish. I don't mind frontwd and would happily drive a late 90's civic around but I would end up pulling the engine out and putting in a vtec B18C6 before too long, thus breaking my no mods rule and I really like sliding around the road in rwd's so I have been looking at them.

In saying that I agree with you and would also love a legacy wagon B5 or even an audi RS6 advant........I'm daydreaming again sry.

Noodle I'm jealous that you can drive your K, I miss mine being on the road. P.s it looks cool.

Sakilo, just put some plates on her and take it for a strap:stupid:

After the rego ran out in mine I used to drive it every now and again to a mates garage nearby just for fun, If I got jacked (which I never did) my excuse for driving unreg'd was that I was just on my way to get it checked out for rego. As yours isn't legalised yet that excuse may not hold.

If anyone see's a nice R33 series 6 (cheers Kent) in Sydney let me know.

post-9623-14150800894351_thumb.jpg

post-9623-1415080089455_thumb.jpg

post-9623-1415080089468_thumb.jpg

haha, you ba$tard. :). i had a dream last night about buying a series 2 GTST from some bodge laundromat in St Leonards..

i am not sure how you are going to resist the temptation of not modding an R33 though.. why don't you just buy a late model falcon/fairlane/commdore? cheap and good value for money (and cruisey, cheap to fix/run etc.).. or do what i did when i had the GTR, buy a pimpin 80's long wheel base merc for an everyday car :)