Interior light - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Interior light

Featured Replies

Yeah, Im with Arne. My clock always gains about 15 minutes every 2 weeks. I used to think that it stopped for 11.75 hours, but after I drove her every day for a month before I started on the suspension, I started to notice a trend.

  • Author

Does the clock have one of the individual fuse holders that I see many of by trhe fuse block?

Many? As I recall only the radio and the blower motor have inline fuses. If the clock is not running I'd go with the overwhelming odds that the clock itself is simply not running.

Rear defroster also has an inline fuse, IIRC. Randy's clock is no doubt gummed up like so many are by now. I repaired the one in my yellow 240Z using the tips I found here:

Clock Repair: Analog 70-78 Z (Round)

Mike's right, they didn't come with an inline fuse for the clock. The only fuse for it is in the fuse block. Check the blue wire at the clock for 12V+ and check for ground. The other wire is for illumination. If that checks out OK, an internal clock repair/replacement is needed. I've got 3 clocks here I tested and 2 out of the three don't work....No surprise.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Well, at least I am in the same fine boat as most. I'll stick pulling the clock out on my weekend todo list. Hopefully I don't have many honey do's this weekend. I know, I'll tell my wife all I want for fathers day is a day to work on my Z! My two year old may not buy that though...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.