IGNORED

One person brake bleeding

62vette

The advantage to pressure bleeding is that it goes quickly and it helps force out stubborn air pockets and foreign material.

As a one-man job I found I like to pressure bleed the system using the following method:

1) Remove as much old fluid from the MC reservoir as possible with whatever method you like. I.e. A turkey baster.

2) Ad fresh fluid

3) Make a small hole, 1/8-1/4", in something with a flat surface that covers the reservoir opening. I used a plastic cap from a windshield washer bottle even though the cap raised lettering (it is all I had handy).

4) Open the bleed screw on the caliper or wheel cylinder of interest (Use a short length of hose to rout the fluid to a bottle or pan).

5) Lay the item from three over the MC, apply 3-15 psi from a compressed air source to the hole in the cap via a rubber tipped nozzle. (if necessary, lay a couple thicknesses of paper towels across the opening to help seal, don't bother making holes, air will get through)

6) Stop when the fluid is low enough to need refill. Keep in mind it will gravity bleed until the bleeder is closed.

7) Close the bleeder.

8) Repeat for next wheel.

It works beautifully,

Al