chrome or polished slots? - Page 2 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

chrome or polished slots?

Featured Replies

Thanks thats what I thought. According to the paint guide it has to be 110 RED. The color is Orange not Red so why didnt they just call it 110 Orange? I want to be sure because I want to do some paint restoration until I can get the whole thing repainted. There is a small rust bubble on the rocker so I want to repaint both rockers.

Thanks thats what I thought. According to the paint guide it has to be 110 RED. The color is Orange not Red so why didnt they just call it 110 Orange?
Because if you compare it to real orange, it's nor orange either. It's a half-way in between color, neither true red nor true orange.

It's actually similar to the "Mars Red" color that VW used on '79-81 Sciroccos. That wasn't really red either...

Orange is 918 and looks like this:

post-1188-14150800147928_thumb.jpg

These are polished. I'd think todays wheels would polish out better than vintage wheels.

post-8308-14150800152073_thumb.jpg

  • Author

wow! if i could get a finish that bright you would looking at one happy z owner!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.