'73 bonnet/hood - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'73 bonnet/hood

Featured Replies

I have seen a pic of a '73 240z with a fluted bonnet/hood. I thought that the hoods with such slots were from later model cars (260/280) but the owner says that this is a 'rare factory fluted bonnet'... Is he right? Or has a previous owner dinged the bonnet and replaced it from a later model?

Hi Halz

If it's bonnet with vents in it and it's a factory original bonnet then it would be a bonnet from a 280z turbo which had vents in it to let the heat out.

so yeah it could be a "rare factory fluted bonnet" but it's not original equipment on a 240z.

280z with the vented bonnet (hood)

post-1278-1415079209733_thumb.jpg

  • 1 month later...

What other models did that bonnet come on? Does anyone know?

My 260Z 2+2 came with it and it definately wasn't turbo and I'm pretty sure that it's the original bonnet too?

R.

The hood in the pic is a stock hood for a 77-78 280Z here in the US. Since you guys didn't get the 280 as we did, it would seem logical to assume they were a factory 260 hood but as for what years they became available. I dunno. :stupid:

In Australia, the late 260s came with those vents but that was it.

In America, I believe only 280s did and I think they all did?

No 240 had those.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Cheers, All is becoming clear :classic:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.