IGNORED

240z Audio System

red_dog007

I just love the idea of having a big system that no one knows about. The only thing you can or will be able to see is the front door speakers and the deck.

I also plan on building kick panel speaker pods. I made a set for a friends 260Z, but the good news is that the 240Z has more room in the kick panel area than the other Z's due to the lack of the fusebox being on the right panel. The 260Z's clutch pedal also hangs lower before bending to the right.

By my figures, I'll have 2 front kick pod speakers, 2 door speakers, 2 rear panel speakers, 1) 12" sub in the wheel well, 1) 4 channel amp behind my seat and a mono sub amp behind the passenger side seat, my Pioneer AM/FM/CD player with XM under the dash.

I think it's time for the alternator upgrade. Especially considering my H4 headlights, KATS driving lights, MSD 6A and Mallory Unilite Dist.

I just love talking about my car so sorry if it seems like I'm rambling or repeating myself. It's gonna fricken ROCK in there. Especially if I go ahead with the strut tower pods. I'll start working on a proto-type A.S.A.P.

Dave

When I do build them, I'm gonna try to make it into a moldable item. So I can reploruce them quickly. If they turn out the way I'd like them to, They'll sell like hot cakes, according to certain gestures here and there.

I'm thinking black vinyl with a 1/8" or 1/4" foam. With a simple 2 screw mounting via a mounting plate that bolts to the strut tower using the strut nuts.

I'm thinking black vinyl with a 1/8" or 1/4" foam. With a simple 2 screw mounting via a mounting plate that bolts to the strut tower using the strut nuts.

For the Kick Panel mentioned in post #25 or the Rear Strut Tower Pods mentioned in #23? While I think the rear pods are a great idea, my real interest lies in the Kick Panels. Like the style in the attached photo.

post-2476-14150799562522_thumb.jpg

I was talking about the tower pod (vinyl)

Here's a few shots of my drivers side kick panel speaker pod. I built it for seperates (mid and tweeter) and the cross-over goes up under the dash. They will be installed and working before I head to California for the MSA Nationals.

post-4921-14150799564518_thumb.jpg

post-4921-1415079956495_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150799565278_thumb.jpg