IGNORED

Let's see some wheels!

veritech-z

Be very careful with those 'cross' wheels. I had a set on my Z, loved them, got them pretty inexpensively. I had them for about a year when while having a flat fixed, the tire shop discovered that one had cracked completely through the center of the face, running diagonally through two opposing lug holes. I had to switch back to my slot mags.

Don't over-torque them!

I really like the design, wish I could find a set in 15 x 7, but I doubt they were ever made.

Here are the original wheels I got with my car in 1976. They are Appliance wheels with new Eagle Alloy centers and new nuts I purchased from a place in OK. by the name of Massey Motors.

wheel.jpg

Any tips on cleaning up a set of those wheels? I have a set that is pretty oxidized in the center:

attachment.php?attachmentid=19146&d=1186460613

then how do you keep the center section free of brake dust?

Thanks Fun_in_ma_z, I think they look good too.

ta240, I don't drive my car that much but cleaning them I just wash them with car soap and spray clean, the little holes are painted black so they don't show that much dust. As for polishing them, I used one of those Mothers polish balls with mothers aluminum cleaner. You have to do that only once to get all the heavy oxidation off and then just buff clean with the polish about once a month. Here in Pittsburgh we have a higher level of sulfer in the air than most places and aluminum oxidizes with sulfer.

• 4 years later...

post-10665-14150816790195_thumb.jpg

My restored SSR Reverse Mesh wheels. They are 15's that came off my 71Z. The centers have been recently powdercoated in metalic silver 2 stage. The rims are freshly polished to a high shine. I also used new Stainless Steel hardware. They can be taken from me for the right offer.

post-10665-14150816790306_thumb.jpg

post-10665-1415081679044_thumb.jpg