Sign in to follow this  
Tellie

Nissan Driving simulator

Hi there my mate sent me this game it would have to be the closest thing to GT for the PC. It's even got a '71 2000 Skyline GT-R and a '69 Fairlady Z 432. The link is in German though but all you have to do is scroll to the bottom where you can see the installation and download it. To get good cars you have to do enduro races. www.nissan-szene.de/diverses/simulator/simulator.shtml check it out its sweet.

hey, that game looks cool, but when i downloaded it, it asked me for a password to unzip the program. if you have it please tell me.

sounds like fun to me. To bad we cant get a PS2 game or CPU game to have a Z in one of their games

E train....... dude this is why tellie posted the game - it has a Z in it.

Also, get a hold of GT2 if you have a PS2, it also has a Z432 and IMO its much nicer to drive than in this game...

Still a cool game tho, although I do remember not getting much response from the guys here when I posted about it a while ago... tellie can you check your PM inbox ?

Hey ya'll!

Just kinda read through this quickly, but there is a game with a Z in it. Gran Turismo 2 has a 240z Japan Spec model in it. You have to keep an eye on the Nissan used car garage. I've seen it in Red and in White. Along with a tons of 300's.

Get the google tool bar for IE (and/or) type the web address into the search and click go or whatever.

When it finds the page, click translate this page and Hey Presto you get the page in english. It makes enough sense to be able to work out the meaning of the page. works for any text based web page.

So having done that the password for the zip file is "www.nissan szene.de"

Mr C

hey, that game looks cool, but when i downloaded it, it asked me for a password to unzip the program. if you have it please tell me.

Zip Password: www.nissan-szene.de

1 unzip to a temp dir (Folder for you non dos types)

2 Make a dir, ahh, folder where you want the game to reside (Its easier to do this in windows than with the install.exe program)

3 run install.exe (put up with the annoying midi music while it installs)and select the folder you made to install to.

4 go to the folder and run unpack.bat

5 run setupreg.exe

6 Play with SIMR.EXE

Looks like a Gran Turismo style game for the pc, but only has nissans, as it's the nissan edition. Cant see a 240z in it, but I suppose you have to win it or something. there's 300zx twin turbos though!

Mr C.

The config file is in japanese but I worked out that:

The up arrow is to change down gears (go figure??)

the down arrows is to change up gears.

x = accelerator

z = brake

c = hand brake

a = change camera viewpoint (driver view(if you were laying on the bonnet) and 2 behind car views)

s = rear view

d = (who knows, it does something because its in the config, but i was pressing it and it didn't appear to do anything)

now you know what the keys are you can go into the config and remap them to whatever you prefer.

And it Has 240z!!

Go quick race, choose a silva, and one of the car you'll be racing against is a 240z. I just drove around behind it looking at it, till it lapped me and side swiped me as it went past!

Graphics arn't as good as something like NFS porsche or gt3, but who cares its got Z's!

Mr C

d could be toggle headlights... dunno but there IS a button for that...

And you can tune your car if you didnt know, I've got 3 Z's atm, one totally stock, one mildly tuned so it feels like a real Z :D and one racing car with excessive amounts of camber (makes powerslides and drift easy !)

The file is no longer where the link points to.

Does anyone know another location for the game, or can someone post it on their own web site?

I cant download it either :(

Is that the full game? I have found lots of demo downloads. Could someone either host it or be kind enough to emailme a copy?

Email me

Thanks guys

I would like a copy of this game also. I was able to translate the web page, but when I executed the download I was told that it was FORBIDDEN.

So if someone could email it to me I'd be forever indepted.

Keep the flat side down!

claude.robinson@lmco.com

Where can I download this simulator? Or can somebody e-mail it to my isp's e-mail box at:chainsaw@neteze.com. Thanks for your assistance and have a good spring out there in your Z's!!!

Zya,

Tom Harrington

1977 280z

Ooooh, me too.

Alfadog, you've got my email address, send it this way if it's not too much trouble.

:D :D

Oh, and as for GT2 having a Z432, I think it's the 240ZG.

Good thing about GT2 is it also has the 260RS Autech and Nismo Stagea's an 89 Nismo GTR and a 71 KPGC10 GTR. Gotta love that.

:classic:

Hmm, sorry guys, I don't have it anymore... :(

If anyone does, chuck it this way while you're at it !! ROFL :stupid:

I have it somewhere but where is the question I have to find it i'll have a look on the weekend for it.

To be honest guys it's really not that good.:cry:

Holy crap alazmi,

Is that your car in your avatar image? do you have anymore pictures of it? if so please email them to me and give me all the details of it's spec. kyteler (at) ihug (dot) co (dot) nz

It really isn't that great, I played it for about 30 minutes and never messed with it again. I've since deleted it.

In related news, the next Gran Turismo game (for PS2) will have an S30 as well as some other classic sports cars from what i've seen in the trailer. I have not been able to find a list of all the cars that will be in the game yet though. It looks like the game now has a rally mode as well. (I've never played GT3 or GT2, so if this is not new, pardon me)

The trailer (50mb) can be found here

http://montane.atmos.colostate.edu/~jason/images/temp/gt4tgstr.mpg

Yeah, rally mode has been around since GT2.

It was disappointing in GT3 to have no older cars at all, however, with GT4 they are sorting that out.

Here's a list of cars that were in the preview game used at E3;

Alpine Renault 1600S

Nissan Fair Lady 240ZG

Subaru Impreza Rally Car

Subaru Impreza WRX Sti

Mitsubishi Evo VII Rally

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII

Chevrolet SSR

Lotus Europa Special

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 350

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 302

Isuzu Giulla Spirit 117 Coupe GTA

Toyota Corolla Levin 1600 GT Apex

Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6

Pontiac GXP

Toyota Supra 2.5 Twin Turbo

Honda Prelude Type S

Suzuki Cappuccino

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454

Pontiac GTO

Chrysler Prowler

Pontiac Vibe GT

Chevrolet SS12

Nissan Z Unlimited Edition

Honda RSX-R Unlimited

It will have over 500 cars, apparently and my hope is that they have the full Skyline range, inclusive of the Prince Skyline Sport BLRA-3 but I'm guessing if they do have a range of Skylines it will only be from the GTR from the GC10 upwards and a few of the turbo or 4WD GTS's.

I waited until GT3 came out before I bought the PS2.

I bought a PS2 for GT3 too... heh heh heh hours of enjoyment. I missed GT2 though so I wasn't disappointed with 3.

Four will be awesome. Coming out beginning of next year I heard...