IGNORED

Nissan Driving simulator

Tellie

Hi there my mate sent me this game it would have to be the closest thing to GT for the PC. It's even got a '71 2000 Skyline GT-R and a '69 Fairlady Z 432. The link is in German though but all you have to do is scroll to the bottom where you can see the installation and download it. To get good cars you have to do enduro races. www.nissan-szene.de/diverses/simulator/simulator.shtml check it out its sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

E train....... dude this is why tellie posted the game - it has a Z in it.

Also, get a hold of GT2 if you have a PS2, it also has a Z432 and IMO its much nicer to drive than in this game...

Still a cool game tho, although I do remember not getting much response from the guys here when I posted about it a while ago... tellie can you check your PM inbox ?

Hey ya'll!

Just kinda read through this quickly, but there is a game with a Z in it. Gran Turismo 2 has a 240z Japan Spec model in it. You have to keep an eye on the Nissan used car garage. I've seen it in Red and in White. Along with a tons of 300's.

Get the google tool bar for IE (and/or) type the web address into the search and click go or whatever.

When it finds the page, click translate this page and Hey Presto you get the page in english. It makes enough sense to be able to work out the meaning of the page. works for any text based web page.

So having done that the password for the zip file is "www.nissan szene.de"

Mr C

hey, that game looks cool, but when i downloaded it, it asked me for a password to unzip the program. if you have it please tell me.

Zip Password: www.nissan-szene.de

1 unzip to a temp dir (Folder for you non dos types)

2 Make a dir, ahh, folder where you want the game to reside (Its easier to do this in windows than with the install.exe program)

3 run install.exe (put up with the annoying midi music while it installs)and select the folder you made to install to.

4 go to the folder and run unpack.bat

5 run setupreg.exe

6 Play with SIMR.EXE

Looks like a Gran Turismo style game for the pc, but only has nissans, as it's the nissan edition. Cant see a 240z in it, but I suppose you have to win it or something. there's 300zx twin turbos though!

Mr C.

The config file is in japanese but I worked out that:

The up arrow is to change down gears (go figure??)

the down arrows is to change up gears.

x = accelerator

z = brake

c = hand brake

a = change camera viewpoint (driver view(if you were laying on the bonnet) and 2 behind car views)

s = rear view

d = (who knows, it does something because its in the config, but i was pressing it and it didn't appear to do anything)

now you know what the keys are you can go into the config and remap them to whatever you prefer.

And it Has 240z!!

Go quick race, choose a silva, and one of the car you'll be racing against is a 240z. I just drove around behind it looking at it, till it lapped me and side swiped me as it went past!

Graphics arn't as good as something like NFS porsche or gt3, but who cares its got Z's!

Mr C

d could be toggle headlights... dunno but there IS a button for that...

And you can tune your car if you didnt know, I've got 3 Z's atm, one totally stock, one mildly tuned so it feels like a real Z :D and one racing car with excessive amounts of camber (makes powerslides and drift easy !)

• 1 month later...