IGNORED

GT-R Fibreglass grills available

khughes

Finally, challenge fibreglass have completed making replica's of the FRP GT-R grill that i bought from japan.

Challange fibreglass, have the full kit now, including rear GT-R bobtail, overfenders and the front lip.

their stuff is very good, and nice thickness! especially considering what they had to work with (warped original)!

If you want to make an order, call Philip Lew direct at (0418) 5667 019. They are busy trying to catch up over the xmas holidays, but they should be ready to start making them on demand in january.

photo's attached

now, does anyone know what the proper colour of the grill should be? the ones from japan came in a colour similar to the rear beaver panel (a metalic grey)

post-6769-14150799158491_thumb.jpg

post-6769-1415079915881_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

yeah mate, all his contact details are at the bottom of the post here:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21641

Though it is difficult enough to have him ship it interstate, not sure how he would ship internationally, not sure what your after, but if it was the grill.. the grill is just long enough to be under the postage size restrictions, but this leaves no room for proper packaging.. my original grill (the one Phil modelled the mould from) certainly didn't make it through EMS post from japan unscathed..

the 240K i may be getting has already some repop GT-R parts, but i want a spare set of the grille, the boot spoiler, and the front fascia spoiler. you're saying down under there is a size limit to overseas packages? you mean for the regular post? what about for larger packages? stuff is shipped internationally every day that is larger. how do you get around that?

There are definitely limits on packages being sent through the mail. And they differ from country to country, so what may be ok to send out from the US, it would not be acceptable by the Australians. The USPS web site has a lot of information on this. The big stuff is shipped by air cargo or ship.

I know, because I shipped a lot of that stuff.

Post is by far the cheapest method, but i guess DHL / Fedex etc. are all options too.. as long as you are prepared to pay for it :(

Miles, talking of shipping you wouldn't happen to know of a company i could contact to get a large item (full exhaust system, weight of around 85lbs) shipped from the states to Aus? i have tried trawling the internet, and apart from the main courier companies (at around US$900+) i havn't come up with much.. any tips :)

• 2 months later...

What is the go with Phillip??

I have waited over 2 weeks to get a price for the overfenders to be sent to my place, I have had to call him 4 times and have had numerous promises of him getting back to me but nothing has happened. In the end I have had to organise my own courier as he is just too much of a numpty to be able to do it himself. :stupid: :stupid:

His phone has run out of power on two occasions as well, I feel he needs to get his act together a little bit more.

Also Kent the number you posted for him has one too many 6's in it it should read (0418) 567 019

I'll let you all know what the quality is like from the ones I'm getting shortly.

Andrew