IGNORED

78 280z wont run

ryan

If he's satisfied with that as the fix, I think we're done here.

I agree, but it still doesn't take away from the fact there WILL STILL BE STUFF in the tank, which will cause problems later ...

Ryan, everyone here will help out in any way they can, and people here have been wrong in a diagnosis on before. The website is a Wikipedia of car knowledge, experience, and mechanics ...now that the car is running, make sure to drive it at least once a week (Z cars like to be driven) and if you have the time focus on one weekend project each week day (drop the tank and have it cleaned; replace fuel filters; clean, test and if necessary repair electrical connections). Your Z will thank you, you will have less trouble with the car and spend your time enjoying the car and not having it being repaired or stressing over it's problems.

A Z is always a great present! PS: I would also suggest you drive the car around for a while, 3-6 months, before you start any major restoration/renewal. Also start a list of things that you notice that need to be repaired.

I had a digital memo thing (the kind that takes multiple memoes) velcroed to the dash for the first few months after I got my car. I had a few things that needed immediate repair, but otherwise, if I noticed something, I just presssed the record button and spoke (yelled?) a message formyself, and later wrote the messages down in a notebook when I was home.

Either that, or carry a small notebook & pencil in the car. You might need to give your number to some beautiful girl! or Z friend.

thx