IGNORED

MSA is selling 280Z Eibach springs

jmark

Just a heads up for those of you who want to drop your 280Z 1" and keep a decent ride MSA has the Eibach 280Z spring kits. I know I have seen it mentioned the Eibach's weren't available for the 280Z anymore. Sal says they bought what was left of Eibach's supply. MSA pricing is good too. Per Blue's chart the front springs are linear & only the rears are progressive. The rates are very similar for all the different brands. I bought Tokico HP's to run with these springs as well.

Per the chart below.

Eibach from Nissan Motorsports or Motorsports Auto

183 lbs/in front, 154/212 lbs/in rear "progressive rate")

I consulted with Katman & Sal. Both think this setup will work well & give me the 1" drop my Z needs.

http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/springs/index.html

Pic below is BEFORE the Eibach/Tokico HP install. I'll update after the new parts are installed.

DSC_5667.jpg

I agree Mike. Much as I hate to take out the new KYB's I decided I have gone this far I may as well do it right. I will be reselling the basically new KYB's soon as the swap is done. Anybody want them for $90 plus actual shipping?

Mark - I think you'll be pleased with the results after you complete the change. Well worth the extra effort. First picture is of the KYBs with stock springs, second is Tokico HPs with Eibach pros.

GWGarrard

Sorry - files too big to attach...I'll have to fix that...

GWG

Mark - They're on my office computer - so if you don't mind waiting 'til tomorrow....I'll do'll it first thing (got distracted Friday afternoon with work stuff - sorry). Be forewarned - the photos are of the conversion on my 280ZXT (!)....the 240Z is still on the "to-do" list....

Regards

GWGarrard

Mark - They're on my office computer - so if you don't mind waiting 'til tomorrow....I'll do'll it first thing (got distracted Friday afternoon with work stuff - sorry). Be forewarned - the photos are of the conversion on my 280ZXT (!)....the 240Z is still on the "to-do" list....

Regards

GWGarrard

No problem Gordon. Thanks!

Mark - As promised - below are the before (with stock springs and KYB Gas-Just shocks) and after ( Tokico HPs and Eibach Pro springs). Note the "after" picture is before having driven the car to let the springs settle....

Regards

GWG

Edit - I must be doing something wrong when trying to attach the files...pointers are appreciated...

Thanks

GWG

Gordon,

You could just add them to your gallery here or put them on another host such as Photobucket which is free. Then I usually hit the insert image icon & just copy /paste the http for the pic there and it will show the image. FWIW the KYB's are for sale in the classifieds for $90 plus actual shipping cost.