IGNORED

Winter Park Concours- Sunday Oct 22

Zulaytr

If anyone from any of the Florida Z clubs will be strolling through the Winter Park Concours on Sunday be sure to stop by and say hello. Look for the orange 240Z, it shouldn't be too hard to spot. I attended the event last year, without my Z and it was a very nice show in downtown Winter Park on Park Ave.

Z you there!

Bob

Hi Matt:

I don't know why you would think it "has to be" factory. You could be right, but I've never seen the factory mount the anti-sway bar to the rear of the differential in a 240-Z. Even if it was purchased in and shipped from Okinawa in 1970 - it is a Left Hand Drive model - right? Most of the guys in the Air Force did purchase US Spec. 240-Z's in Okinawa, so that they could be legally shipped home after their tour of duty there. The VIN is HLS30 xxxxx isn't it?

If the anti-sway bar goes around the rear of the diff. and mounts to the transverse link mounts... it is more than likely the BRE after-market type. You can use just the Suspension Techniques sway bar bushing kit - to replace the originals. If you need new hardware as well - Suspension Techniques has one with the same length bolts, but a center spacer that is just about 1/2" longer than the original BRE kit - but it's easy to cut the center spacer down to the correct size...

FWIW,

Carl B.

USAF 1969-1973

Clearwater, FL USA

post-3609-14150798715732_thumb.jpg

Hi Gang:

My wife Vicki, my Daughter Mary Alice and I had attended the Concours Event in Winter Park, Florida this past weekend. It was a real pleasure to finally meet Bob in person along with his wife Sherry. Also got to look Bob's beautiful 240-Z over and admire his work.

The Event should be on everyone's "Do Not Miss" list of Events. It was a beautiful setting, lots and lots of wonderful Classic, Collectible and Special Interest Automobiles all in Concours Condition. The shops and restaurants along Park St. were all open on Sunday, so lots of places for the girls to shop while you enjoy the cars. Lots of places with food and drink - all very reasonable priced. (a bottle of water, all but frozen was a Buck!!... no price gouging there at all!!).

Next year, I'll make arrangements for the girls to simply meet me back at the car when they are done shopping at the end of the show. I could have stood there talking with Bob, meet more of the Z Car Community and had a much better time... plus the girls would have enjoyed shopping more without me... Live and learn.

I had reported that Bob took 1st In Class with his 240-Z - Way To GO! Pictured below are Bob with his wife Sherry and the second love of his life... the DATSUN 240-Z. Thanks to Jim Clark for taking the pictures... I forgot my camera...da...

FWIW,

Carl

post-3609-14150798718272_thumb.jpg