IGNORED

European style balance tube on ebay

Ed

I like the look of the cleaned up balance tube too. Maybe I'll work on polishing up my tube a bit more. The downside is the dashpot did help to reduce excess emissions and stench by leaning out the engine during deceleration. I moved a true euro linkage bracket over to my tube for a solenoid install to kick up the idle for a/c operation when the time comes.

Why the european market didn't require this I just don't know. Probably because there were fewer cars in general compared to the US so pollution was not a high priority.

post-7128-14150798665868_thumb.jpg

post-7128-1415079866617_thumb.jpg

I thought the Europeans were environmentally conscious, so why didn't they have smog equipment installed?

Brian, The europeans are certainly on board with environmental concerns nowadays, but back in the early 1970's it was the USA that led the world in trying to reduce emmissions from cars.

I thought the Europeans were environmentally conscious, so why didn't they have smog equipment installed?

You have obvioiusly never actually been there...:bunny: I was in Paris in 1992 and the air at street level was actually blue. No offense intended. I am sure it is better now.

But seriously, most countries in Europe didn't start passing emissons laws until the 1990s.

Since in some those countries cars aren't usually used for daily transportation it was considered less necessary. With large portions of the U.S. having NO public transportation of any kind cars here get used more.