IGNORED

alternate floor plugs

madkaw

Hey there Will,

Don't mean to hijack the thread but, ...........................

Black rubber bumper strips??????

When I priced them, I figured I'd have to sell my ute to pay for them, so I went to the wreckers and, after wandering around for half an hour or so, discovered black rubber strips on Toyota (I think) car doors that are almost identical. Rather than glueing them on, I used existing holes to bolt them on, using chrome headed bolts. (Might show up in my gallery).

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Another solution to plugging the hole is to paint it closed. Lay some masking tape on the opposite side when you get ready to paint with your POR-15. This will leave a small "skin" of paint in place of the hole. Add several coats to make it a bit thicker. Gently peel off the masking tape. If you do this on both sides you will have a sealed hole. No plug rubber or metal.

Huh???????????????

PAINT the holes closed ??? LOL

Just make sure that when the carpet goes in, you mark the spot directly over the holes and ensure that nobody puts any pressure on the spots with the heel of their shoe.

Might as well bog the holes up.

Rick.

:devious: :devious: